Registration

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Bear with me I am not articulate.

I sent off my registration request to the DVLA. Mot, Authentication Letter, Copy of Nova Registration, Payment, Filled in V5.
Unfortunately I forgot my ID. It was sent back explaining this and below the paragraph explaining no ID was a load of information about the NOVA. I didn't understand it so rang the DVLA, they said the NOVA bit was automatically added to the letter and should not be on there so don't worry.
I resent the application off now with ID only for it to be returned again with the same letter saying to either make a NOVA registration or contact about my NOVA registration. Again I rang but they were clueless and said ring back Monday as the department that could answer this would be open then.
Anyone have a clue?
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Sounds to me like they've messed up. I've just done one without problems. Not much help - sorry.
As long as you've sent the NOVA it should be ok.
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

It seems like a it of a lottery with DVLA when it comes to registrations.
I sent mine off in early November with everything necessary including the NOVA cert.
They returned it 10 days later saying it wasn't on the NOVA system. I called HMRC who confirmed that not only was my scoot on the system but that DVLA had not even accessed the database to check it. Call to DVLA to explain - they said it's an error just resend everything again which I did, even attaching a covering letter explaining all this. 10 days later, rejected again due to it not being on NOVA system and this time, the MOT had the wrong chassis number. Unbelievable! Spoke to DVLA yet again & queried it and asked if this is anything to do with the fact that HMRC allow the letter "I" on their system but DVLA don't & substitute it with a number "1". The very helpful person I spoke to said that could probably be it (Lambretta frame nos have Li in them, not L1 as DVLA seem to insist) and gave me a supervisors name who said they would dealwith it personally. All resent again with another covering letter & 5 days later I got a phonecall from said supervisor apologising for the mess ups and gave me my reg no over the phone (as I'd put in my letter that my insurance co would only allow it to be insured on frmae no for 30 days & that time was almost up due to the to-ing & fro-ing with DVLA. Two days later, new V5 paperwork arrived. A result eventually but I think that the DVLA do now employ a lot of people who's immediate reaction to anything slightly unusual is "computer says no". Good luck!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

sparklymarkly wrote:It seems like a it of a lottery with DVLA when it comes to registrations.
I sent mine off in early November with everything necessary including the NOVA cert.
They returned it 10 days later saying it wasn't on the NOVA system. I called HMRC who confirmed that not only was my scoot on the system but that DVLA had not even accessed the database to check it. Call to DVLA to explain - they said it's an error just resend everything again which I did, even attaching a covering letter explaining all this. 10 days later, rejected again due to it not being on NOVA system and this time, the MOT had the wrong chassis number. Unbelievable! Spoke to DVLA yet again & queried it and asked if this is anything to do with the fact that HMRC allow the letter "I" on their system but DVLA don't & substitute it with a number "1". The very helpful person I spoke to said that could probably be it (Lambretta frame nos have Li in them, not L1 as DVLA seem to insist) and gave me a supervisors name who said they would dealwith it personally. All resent again with another covering letter & 5 days later I got a phonecall from said supervisor apologising for the mess ups and gave me my reg no over the phone (as I'd put in my letter that my insurance co would only allow it to be insured on frmae no for 30 days & that time was almost up due to the to-ing & fro-ing with DVLA. Two days later, new V5 paperwork arrived. A result eventually but I think that the DVLA do now employ a lot of people who's immediate reaction to anything slightly unusual is "computer says no". Good luck!
Read this post from the beginning of 2015.Scroll down the page.viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32340&hilit=dvla&start=50
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

HxPaul wrote:
sparklymarkly wrote:It seems like a it of a lottery with DVLA when it comes to registrations.
Read this post from the beginning of 2015.Scroll down the page.viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32340&hilit=dvla&start=50
I read all of that interesting post before I sent my stuff off to them so I was expecting some sort of bother.
The thing that annoyed me was that even when I had pointed it out to them about i's and 1's, they still made the same error again!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information