New emission rules in France

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
claretandblue

I read this morning of tough new emission rules being applied in Paris from Feb onwards as part of a roll out that started in 2015. Depending on how much s**t your vehicle puts out you will have to display a correctly coded sticker on your car/motorcycle etc. Failure to do so results in a hefty fine. Although not planning to ride or drive to Paris itself this year this scheme is likely, apparently to be eventually rolled out nationally from this point on.
As usual with the endless rules the French keep coming up with, I am finding definitive information as it applies to us, hard to find and want to know if, as I suspect, our old two strokes are adversely affected and how much so. I know this is new but anyone travelling via or to France this year will need to know which way is up on this matter. There are different grades of stickers required for Euro 2, 3 and 4 machines but I cannot find anything on older scooters and the like. Presumably they fall in with the dirty diesel category and may be denied access to city centres etc. There are also other issues with partial bans and odd day entry allowances within this piece of nightmare ruling to get your head around.
Perhaps I worry too much but if anyone can shed any light on this especially if you live in France, I'll be grateful.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Like most things in France the French will ignore it, or strike/protest... :D ..by the time I go to Brittany at the end of June for our annual jaunt I will have forgotten your post but thanks for flagging it up.... ;)
claretandblue

Found this link, worth a read for interested parties.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... l?ITO=1490
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

The bottom line is that scooters without the Euro 3 emissions standard (or higher) being marked on the registration document / certificate of conformity will not be allowed into Paris weekdays 8am to 8pm from 1 April this year. I'm pretty sure that means that all pre-2000 2-wheelers are affected.

More info here: http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motorin ... ch-cities/
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
claretandblue

Thanks for replies. Looks like we need to keep an eye out for this one. Future updates may throw more light on our particular situation as they make the rules up as they go along it seems!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's foreign types for you. They don't play fair. :lol:
JoeP
Main scooter: Peugeot S57c 1958

This has been on the cards for a while. I was under the impression vehicles of historic importance would be exempt. My 1950s Peugeot will be fine :-)
Enough of this modern italian crap ;-)
claretandblue

Have a look at the article 'Dirty Scooters' on SULK which gives an excellent update on this issue.
http://www.scooterlab.uk/retro-SULK/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information