Fitting a 22mm carb to a series 2

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Scootermonkey

Help needed. I've never come across this problem before. Li 125 S2 fitted with a 175 top end. 22mm carb and manifold fitted, along with a GP air hose. Engine back in and the air hose is a good 3/4" away from the carb mouth. Too much to stretch the hose without kinking it and restricting air flow. Found an old S2 manifold and see they're actually longer than the 22mm one, but obviously too small for the carb. Any ideas anyone? I've fitted GP carbs to S2's before without this problem.
How hard can it be!
Lambretta, the finest scooter............IN THE WORLD!
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

would one of these Scootopia longer Jet type rubbers not help?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0878/ ... 1457474234
Scootermonkey

No don't think so, I think the Jet 200 hose is taller but wouldn't solve this problem. It's down to the manifold being shorter for a 22mm. Thanks anyway
How hard can it be!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

It sounds like theirs something wrong with the manifold,or your air box is not fitted correctly.This is the correct manifold it fits a smallblock motor with a SH22 carb.http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lamb ... -manifold/
vegansydney

I used a TV/2 manifold and swappped the bushing in the SH2/22 for a TV/2 type (available from Dell'orto UK). As the curvature of the TV/2 manifold (and LI/2) is different to the S3 type it also means you won't have to trim your cylinder cowl for it to fit.
Scootermonkey

vegansydney wrote:I used a TV/2 manifold and swappped the bushing in the SH2/22 for a TV/2 type (available from Dell'orto UK). As the curvature of the TV/2 manifold (and LI/2) is different to the S3 type it also means you won't have to trim your cylinder cowl for it to fit.
Yes, the two manifolds are different lengths, so need to either change the plastic bush in the carb or find some sort of spacer sleeve to go between the manifold and carb. Cheers mate
How hard can it be!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Scootermonkey wrote:
vegansydney wrote:I used a TV/2 manifold and swappped the bushing in the SH2/22 for a TV/2 type (available from Dell'orto UK). As the curvature of the TV/2 manifold (and LI/2) is different to the S3 type it also means you won't have to trim your cylinder cowl for it to fit.
Yes, the two manifolds are different lengths, so need to either change the plastic bush in the carb or find some sort of spacer sleeve to go between the manifold and carb. Cheers mate
If you have a series 2 manifold and your changing the plastic sleeve or making a bush to fit the 22mm onto the manifold,dont forget that the series 2 manifold is only 20mm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information