Uni Lambretta 200 casing

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mr mugello

Anyone have any new developments on these ?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I think they are quite a way behind Casa and GT. The last I heard they were only just testing a prototype. I think a lot of people are looking forward to these though. If the casting is of good quality I think they will innevitably be cheaper than the current options and ought to do well.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

I wouldnt necessarily call that being behind ,i think the casa and gt are just out of moulds within the last 6 months with some initial low mileage testing done only so appear to be at a similar stage but obviously a few different products the uni being a replica std case i believe , its good to hear you state UNI are testing there prototype which suggests its been out of mould a while but are not happy to release for general sale until the appropriate long term testing has been completed ,this important process allows the end product to be fully evaluated and changes made if required before reaching the consumer
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Doom Patrol

That's only what I've heard from another well known magazine type web site who must remain nameless. :lol:

I think it's going to be an interesting time for engine cases. We should have something for everyone really. Congratulations on producing yours Darrell. It looks like a lovely bit of kit.
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

AF have the new uni side casings in stock , fine blasted or non blasted that is still very smooth and very good quality and would polish up very nicely. I was told the casings are being tested but some changes were being considered to cut the production cost down without compomising strength or quality , if they come out as good as the side case then they will be very good .
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Doom Patrol wrote:I think it's going to be an interesting time for engine cases. We should have something for everyone really. Congratulations on producing yours Darrell. It looks like a lovely bit of kit.
Rich Taylor produces the GT casings, not Darrel Taylor....no relation either :lol: :lol: :lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
chippy

Doom Patrol wrote:I think they are quite a way behind Casa and GT. The last I heard they were only just testing a prototype. I think a lot of people are looking forward to these though. If the casting is of good quality I think they will innevitably be cheaper than the current options and ought to do well.
Got one from AF and they are pretty good and very well priced
Doom Patrol

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Doom Patrol wrote:I think it's going to be an interesting time for engine cases. We should have something for everyone really. Congratulations on producing yours Darrell. It looks like a lovely bit of kit.
Rich Taylor produces the GT casings, not Darrel Taylor....no relation either :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good point. :D
chippy wrote:Got one from AF and they are pretty good and very well priced
What, the crankcase?
kejj

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Like back in the 80s with the three non related Taylor's in Duran Duran :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doom Patrol

And the two Harry Barlow's. :o
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information