Gp chrome

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
dazblakey

Why are people against doing a gp but it's OK to do s3 which is the same basically

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

dazblakey wrote:Why are people against doing a gp but it's OK to do s3 which is the same basically

It's not OK to do that to any scooter.....really, it's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
dazblakey

But it's OK to turn them in to choppers or race bikes, surely people should buy bikes if that's the case

shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

The clue is in the name, GP (Grand Prix) a gp's design is sporty and sleeky, by filling it full of racks crash bars and fly screens you lose that look.

That's why other models suit that look better.
Just my own thoughts of course, what ever route you choose though, enjoy what you do.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

It's down to the personal choice of the owner. "And not the scootering Police/elitists!!!!!!!

Have it how you like it and don't give a flying fook what anyone else thinks.

Cgt75b :D
dazblakey

Thanks shaun, just going to put a chrome front mudguard horn case side panel vent and rear light, but as I side before got to put a back rest on for my little lad till his old enough and confident to hang on with out it

dazblakey

Thanks Cgt75b if we were all the same there would be no features in the magazines on people and there creations

corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:

No............no, no, no, no.

No.

A few more mirrors, Union Jack seat cover, whippy aerial, foxtail .......... Comedy central here we go.
cgt75b wrote: Have it how you like it and don't give a flying fook what anyone else thinks.
But I do agree with this also.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

How about just polishing up the bits that are already on it. I've polished the horn cover, rear light housing, and control lever support thingies, and that's about it. I added a rear rack & backrest that I don't like, but it's very useful. Mine's an Li though. Absolutely no mirrors and only one headlight, just the way Innocenti meant it. I fail to see why they get decorated according to a brief fad in 1963.

When someone asks if I'm going to put any mirrors an' light on it, I say no, and I'm not going to chuck it off the cliffs either.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information