Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

Maybe Britain will start manufacturing again ........... Britain could be the new Vietnam... :?
mr mugello

I bet the pound will never increase in value again. :roll:
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

garry inglis wrote:i agree about the prices but you have to remember they pay a fortune to sell there one trader upstaires was saying his takings were rubbish and he couldnt afford to be downstaires
Hi Garry

You've been told an untruth, all the dealers in The Spa at Bridlington pay the same cost to trade, irrespective of where they are located in The Spa. (And the cost is a lot less than you may presume it is).

Strange through, I spoke with a few dealers myself after they had packed up on Saturday and all of them said it had been the busiest trade they had done a Brid Show for a number of years. Certainly the takings at the LCGB Club Shop, and number of new LCGB memberships taken at the event are the highest I have on record from my time running the LCGB Club Shop (i.e.since 2010).

Generally it did feel busier for longer throughout the day.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Hi toot yes I agree it was busy all day isn't it amazing what some people say he was selling clothes upstairs it was a great end to the season lovely weather and great atmosphere
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Chipvans......last I heard, and it was some time ago, was that LCGB were actually paying food outlets to turn up to events rather than the other way round. Is this still going on?
Scootering since 1968.
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

bristolmod wrote:Chipvans......last I heard, and it was some time ago, was that LCGB were actually paying food outlets to turn up to events rather than the other way round. Is this still going on?
You need to get out more, rather than harking back to time some 30+ years ago.

(Or maybe basing your ill-informed opinions on reading articles about the LCGB in Scootering that are printed without any consulation with any LCGB Committee members, not even those that were shown in the photos accompaning the feature and were LCGB Committee members back then?).
bristolmod

Toot-oasc wrote:
bristolmod wrote:Chipvans......last I heard, and it was some time ago, was that LCGB were actually paying food outlets to turn up to events rather than the other way round. Is this still going on?
You need to get out more, rather than harking back to time some 30+ years ago.

(Or maybe basing your ill-informed opinions on reading articles about the LCGB in Scootering that are printed without any consulation with any LCGB Committee members, not even those that were shown in the photos accompaning the feature and were LCGB Committee members back then?).
well thanks for your constructive comments. Not.

The original comments were on the LCGB forum some time ago as mentioned in my original post- certainly not 30 years ago- more like 5 or so. I just wondered if this was still going on.

Don't know why you've taken this approach in your reply? It was a simple question but it appears to have touched a nerve for some reason.
Scootering since 1968.
bristolmod

and for your information, I am not an LCGB member and haven't been since 1999. I last bought Scootering around 10 years back and haven't read a copy since.

To be honest I haven't a clue what you are on about.
Scootering since 1968.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I've got be honest Chris, I've no idea what this post ^ was intended to achieve. Was it meant as a criticism of the way that some clubs acquire food vendors at their events? It does imply that the LCGB conducted themselves in this manner, and asks whether they continue to do so.

What's it got to do with you? You're not even a member.
Martin
bristolmod

no it wasn't meant as a criticism at all.

Many (not all) enthusiasts are not business people- yet are placed in the position of having to arrange stuff without any assistance or help.

Simple errors are made such as paying vendors to attend when the reverse is the norm as some know no different.

TBH I'm sorry I raised the subject - it wasn't a dig at LCGB.
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information