Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I was hoping to pick up some bits to rebuild my forks at Brid custom show but on asking the price on some bits I didn't bother. My moan is why do some not all dealers think we have shed loads of money. E.g. £12 for link bolts. £65 for springs, rods and rubbers.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Most stuff was the same price there than when you get online from them certainly the one I sometimes use.
ArmandTanzarian

Almost all scooter spares come from Europe or the far East. That means they're priced in Euros or Dollars. Since the EU referendum the pound value has crashed so they've all got more expensive.

My wife's business buys as lot of stuff from the states and the exchange rate is killing her.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
shocky

LI150 wrote:I was hoping to pick up some bits to rebuild my forks at Brid custom show but on asking the price on some bits I didn't bother. My moan is why do some not all dealers think we have shed loads of money. E.g. £12 for link bolts. £65 for springs, rods and rubbers.
Scootopia do complete sets of link bolts bushes washers etc for 10 quid quality is above average
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
mr mugello

Weak pound might open up a market for British made scooter parts maybe.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I use scootopia and scooter restorations mainly as I am happy to pay their prices. I was hoping that a bargain or two could be had at Brid but I struggled to find many. Corrado did have some good priced items a 200 casing for £280 which is good IMO. I quess being a tight Yorkshire man does not help much though. :D
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i agree about the prices but you have to remember they pay a fortune to sell there one trader upstaires was saying his takings were rubbish and he couldnt afford to be downstaires
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

having said that quality chrome was really good and there products are second to none
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

My clutch cable broke at IOW so i lost the trunnion. Mine was a 3.5mm one, but not one supplier had one, they were all the new 3mm type. I'll take one and a 3mm Allen key, says I. Oh, we don't have any 3mm Allen keys, only 3.5mm. What?!
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

mr mugello wrote:Weak pound might open up a market for British made scooter parts maybe.
What British made parts? The GT kits? My rear brake cables? I can't see anyone in the UK getting rich on that.

The export market for U.K. made scooter parts is tiny by comparison to the UK scooter market. The extra cost of the fall in the value of the pound will be felt by British scooterist, more than any European riders. I am sure this must be a concern for the big Continental based dealers like SIP, LTH and Rimini.

Not only are all the imported parts going to go up in price, the cost of attending European rallies Will also go up too.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information