Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
ducksta

bristolmod wrote:Chipvans......last I heard, and it was some time ago, was that LCGB were actually paying food outlets to turn up to events rather than the other way round. Is this still going on?
Think you got Alzheimer's whats chip vans got to do with scooter parts or dealer stalls think you need to get out more on your scooter and gain this information first hand.
live life your a long time dead
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

LI150 wrote:Wow my post certainly went on a tangent.
If you'd have bought the Scootopia spring kit off me at £29 and the £5 link bolt set too none of this would have happened, that'll teach you to shop at the expensive downstairs stalls. :lol:

As far as dealers go it's probably our best trading day of the year at Brid, so you can be guaranteed I wasn't the upstairs trader moaning. 8-)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

corrado wrote:
If you'd have bought the Scootopia spring kit off me at £29 and the £5 link bolt set too none of this would have happened, that'll teach you to shop at the expensive downstairs stalls. :lol:

As far as dealers go it's probably our best trading day of the year at Brid, so you can be guaranteed I wasn't the upstairs trader moaning. 8-)
That's the spirit....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

In fact I will have a moan ......... I'm always too busy to see any of the custom show. Closest I got was to see one was a chap unloading his custom {ridden? 400 yards :mrgreen: } scooter when I was parking my van after unloading.

I won't name and shame at this point as he's a bit of a LUNAtic.
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

100mphlambrettaclub wrote: During the period betewwn 1977 and 1992 over 30 people served on the LCGB committee with four of them contributing to the story. I have not received or heard any remarks from the other 25 or so saying they were left out, consider that before commenting on their behalf. Plus, if I had included stories from all of them the magazine would be the thickness of the Oxford dictionary to get all the material in, not to mention about a year writing it.
Stuart, my point I was trying to put across was that of the 30 people you refer to, there are 3 of these individuals that have served the Committee, and membership, of the LCGB during the period you wrote about, and since then as well. It would be interesting to know how many of the other 25 ex Committee members would get to see, or know about, those editions of Scootering? (Or indeed are still active/involved in Scootering circles, I know of a few personally, and regularly catch up with them at events - Their tales would make a good book to read).

100mphlambrettaclub wrote: Rather than moan, why don't people try to be proud of their club and what it stands for instead? Next year is the 70th anniversary of the lambretta scooter and 67 years since the very beginnings of what was to become the lcgb.
You'll recall that the LCGB put on a very well received, and attended, number of events for both the 65th Anniversary of the Lambretta and 60th Anniversary of the LCGB, there is no reason not to anticipate that the 70th Anniversary won't be another fantastic year for those that follow the Lambretta marque. Does the fact that membership of the LCGB continues to maintain a level only every surpassed in the 1960's (when every new Lambretta purchased came with free membership of the LCGB) suggest that rather than 'moan' there are far more members that are very 'proud' of what their club is all about?

But, each to their own in the Scootering world, are things really that bad as your comment above would attempt to elude to, the actual evidence available indicates this really is not the case.

Has the LCGB changed since the early 1990's, well yes, very much so. Is this for the better, or not, would be an interesting question no doubt prompting a wide range of personal views?
Arcadia wrote: Are you suggesting that you personally speak on behalf of all 5000+ LCGB members? Ha, ha, what a f@@king joker. You condescending prick.
Err no, I'm sure they are very capable of speaking for themselves, or walking away voluntarily if they were so unhappy with all things LCGB
MaDMAn wrote: I read the article and if i recall correctly it was called a snapshot in time, and was about the early history of the club from 1970's to 1990's, it was really good. Looks like they didn't need any input from you or your cohorts. A bit too full of yourselves you lot.
As mentioned above, those Committee members that have served the LCGB since then until now may have been able to enhance the articles. A real opportunity missed in my opinion.
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Wow....the original poster was commenting on the cost of parts, and the next on a chip van.......somehow its become the 'Toot venting his spleen roadshow'. Thanks for your input! :roll:
Err no again. As one of the organisers of Bridlington Trade and Custom Show, I set out to balance the original post and clarify the incorrect suggestion that it was expensive for dealers to trade and that this years event wasn't busy. Both not true.

There is a history of certain posts on this very forum being jumped upon by self styled haters of the LCGB, is it only right that the balance is pulled back every now and again. (As the old saying goes, we wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good tale now would we).
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Personally, my opinion (about the original post) is that the selection of stalls at Brid was excellent.
Thanks for the feedback, I know lost of others that attended would agree.

There now, think I've covered the salient points in all those recent replies on this thread?
jonzo172

Toot-oasc wrote:
100mphlambrettaclub wrote: During the period betewwn 1977 and 1992 over 30 people served on the LCGB committee with four of them contributing to the story. I have not received or heard any remarks from the other 25 or so saying they were left out, consider that before commenting on their behalf. Plus, if I had included stories from all of them the magazine would be the thickness of the Oxford dictionary to get all the material in, not to mention about a year writing it.
Stuart, my point I was trying to put across was that of the 30 people you refer to, there are 3 of these individuals that have served the Committee, and membership, of the LCGB during the period you wrote about, and since then as well. It would be interesting to know how many of the other 25 ex Committee members would get to see, or know about, those editions of Scootering? (Or indeed are still active/involved in Scootering circles, I know of a few personally, and regularly catch up with them at events - Their tales would make a good book to read).

100mphlambrettaclub wrote: Rather than moan, why don't people try to be proud of their club and what it stands for instead? Next year is the 70th anniversary of the lambretta scooter and 67 years since the very beginnings of what was to become the lcgb.
You'll recall that the LCGB put on a very well received, and attended, number of events for both the 65th Anniversary of the Lambretta and 60th Anniversary of the LCGB, there is no reason not to anticipate that the 70th Anniversary won't be another fantastic year for those that follow the Lambretta marque. Does the fact that membership of the LCGB continues to maintain a level only every surpassed in the 1960's (when every new Lambretta purchased came with free membership of the LCGB) suggest that rather than 'moan' there are far more members that are very 'proud' of what their club is all about?

But, each to their own in the Scootering world, are things really that bad as your comment above would attempt to elude to, the actual evidence available indicates this really is not the case.

Has the LCGB changed since the early 1990's, well yes, very much so. Is this for the better, or not, would be an interesting question no doubt prompting a wide range of personal views?
Arcadia wrote: Are you suggesting that you personally speak on behalf of all 5000+ LCGB members? Ha, ha, what a f@@king joker. You condescending prick.
Err no, I'm sure they are very capable of speaking for themselves, or walking away voluntarily if they were so unhappy with all things LCGB
MaDMAn wrote: I read the article and if i recall correctly it was called a snapshot in time, and was about the early history of the club from 1970's to 1990's, it was really good. Looks like they didn't need any input from you or your cohorts. A bit too full of yourselves you lot.
As mentioned above, those Committee members that have served the LCGB since then until now may have been able to enhance the articles. A real opportunity missed in my opinion.
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Wow....the original poster was commenting on the cost of parts, and the next on a chip van.......somehow its become the 'Toot venting his spleen roadshow'. Thanks for your input! :roll:
Err no again. As one of the organisers of Bridlington Trade and Custom Show, I set out to balance the original post and clarify the incorrect suggestion that it was expensive for dealers to trade and that this years event wasn't busy. Both not true.

There is a history of certain posts on this very forum being jumped upon by self styled haters of the LCGB, is it only right that the balance is pulled back every now and again. (As the old saying goes, we wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good tale now would we).
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Personally, my opinion (about the original post) is that the selection of stalls at Brid was excellent.
Thanks for the feedback, I know lost of others that attended would agree.

There now, think I've covered the salient points in all those recent replies on this thread?

Phewww... did you cover the chip vans?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Not too much salt on mine, thankyou.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

corrado wrote:

I am certainly not including you in my moan Martin. You were that busy and regrettably I should of had the patience to ask.
eden
Dealer

Shop boy, intetesting that you think people who are NOT happy with the way LCGB is run should "walk away".
Maybe they would rather see changes to the club that is supposed to represent the marque they love.
You seem to hold the view that you are the lcgb and that people continuing their memberships condones your actions.
The vast majority of the 5000 members couldn't give a rats ass how or what the lcgb does as long as they get their jetset every couple of months. The few that do care about the club either get pushed out and sidelined or say nothing for fear of being sidelined or pushed out.

Many have "walked away" over recent years, most of whom would return to the lcgb if and when there are changes to who and how it's run.

The lame excuse used to ban me is a great example of how the current committee just want an easy life in that they are not prepared to deal with awkward questions from the membership. I was banned to shut me up!

For those that don't know, I was suspended from the club back in late August for something they accused me of which was utterly untrue, they then banned me for 6 months last week not for the reason they suspended me as they realised I hadn't done or said what they first accused me of, but because non of the committee are prepared to deal with what they call arguments..... I'm presuming any view expressed that isn't their view is regarded as being argumentative.....
It seems very much like a dictatorship. Do as your told or f@@k off. :(
Arcadia

eden wrote:Shop boy, intetesting that you think people who are NOT happy with the way LCGB is run should "walk away".
Maybe they would rather see changes to the club that is supposed to represent the marque they love.
You seem to hold the view that you are the lcgb and that people continuing their memberships condones your actions.
The vast majority of the 5000 members couldn't give a rats ass how or what the lcgb does as long as they get their jetset every couple of months. The few that do care about the club either get pushed out and sidelined or say nothing for fear of being sidelined or pushed out.

Many have "walked away" over recent years, most of whom would return to the lcgb if and when there are changes to who and how it's run.

The lame excuse used to ban me is a great example of how the current committee just want an easy life in that they are not prepared to deal with awkward questions from the membership. I was banned to shut me up!

For those that don't know, I was suspended from the club back in late August for something they accused me of which was utterly untrue, they then banned me for 6 months last week not for the reason they suspended me as they realised I hadn't done or said what they first accused me of, but because non of the committee are prepared to deal with what they call arguments..... I'm presuming any view expressed that isn't their view is regarded as being argumentative.....
It seems very much like a dictatorship. Do as your told or f@@k off. :(
never heard of anyone being suspended or banned from the lcgb before, what did you do (or what did they say you did) is it something you can share with us all? Is this just on their forum, or at their rallies as well? most unusual! and what happens when your ban/suspension is over, do you just roll up to a rally and suddenly you are all friends? And what happens if you turn up at a rally? do you get turned away at the door or something? this sounds VERY strange!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information