Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
coaster

challenger wrote:...............Which Club Shop would that be then?..........or can you buy the club stuff at events, .
I take it you haven't attended any LCGB events then? Toot takes a van to all (I think all) LCGB events and sets up a stall selling club regalia and a range of get you home spares. It is a comfort knowing that service is going to be there although dealer stalls are sometimes present too.

Right now back to my pocorn ;)
eden
Dealer

coaster wrote:
challenger wrote:...............Which Club Shop would that be then?..........or can you buy the club stuff at events, .
I take it you haven't attended any LCGB events then? Toot takes a van to all (I think all) LCGB events and sets up a stall selling club regalia and a range of get you home spares. It is a comfort knowing that service is going to be there although dealer stalls are sometimes present too.

Right now back to my pocorn ;)

He didn't take it to many this year which was one of the things I asked about which ended up with me being banned.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I went to Woolacombe, Exmouth and IoW rallies this year and I can't recall seeing a LCGB stand. The signing on sheets were on the Crusader stall.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing any LCGB. Saw the Vethpa GB one.

[More popcorn, please Mum]
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

challenger wrote:Obviously a part time volenteer Job and I can Respect that.
Firstly thanks for this acknowledgement, it's very much appreciated. In running the club shop I have to balance my voluntary time against working full time, and using my Annual Leave sparingly to get to events in good time so that the stall is fully set up for Saturday morning of an event (as well as balance having a none-scootering life doing family things on some weekends, etc).

In an ideal world I'd go to every scooter event every weekend throughout the year, sadly my bosses aren't generous to give me the annual leave that I need, i.e. every Friday, (I live in Cumbria so not many rallies are 'daytripable with setting up and taking down the shop)', two weeks for the Euro and a week for IoW, Bridlington, etc. Plus my voluntary role with the LCGB won't build up my pension pot for when I'm older!
challenger wrote: Which Club Shop would that be then?
The one that is advertised in JetSet, the members magazine that goes out to over 5,000 members every 2 months and has at least one page of items available along with my contact details in each edition. If you don't have a JetSet to hand, my email address is: lcgbshop@btinternet.com If you advise what it is you would like to purchase, I'll forward images and check stock levels.
Also, as mentioned in a subsequent thread, the shop that attended 16 events during 2016, including National rallies, Members rallies and other scooter events, sometimes the only stall with 'get you home parts' available to purchase at that rally.
Not forgetting that certain items have been available, and purchased in significant quantities, through a very well know online auction site.
challenger wrote: The online Shop thats been under construction Since May 2014?
Yes, this is something outside of my control unfortunately. I don't have the IT knowledge to do this myself. Following the website crash a holding page was set up, but unfortunately those other volunteers that look after the online presence of the club simply haven't had the time to rebuild an online club shop from scratch.
As I've pointed out above, there are other ways to make purchases
challenger wrote: Is there one that can be viewed by members only, or can you buy the club stuff at events, or
maybe per email ?
Apologies, answered your questions out of sync, please see above.
challenger wrote: might be a good idea to get the online side Sorted out at last.
Agreed, and in hand now that Bridlington has effectively ended this years rally season and I should have a bit more spare time. Hoping to get something up and running in the coming months.
challenger wrote: who knows, people might actually buy something.
With an expected turnover of around £25,000 again this year, obviously people are actually buying things from the club shop.

Cheers ;)
eden
Dealer

5-6 March: Modrapheniacs, Dorset NO CLUB SHOP
25-28 March Easter BH: Whitby CLUB SHOP
9-10 April: Members’ Rally, Llangollen CANT REMEMBER TOO OR THE SHOP THERE
23-24 April: South Downs Ride NO CLUB SHOP
29 April – 2 May May Day BH: Tenby NO CLUB SHOP
7-8 May: Flying 8 Balls Rally NO CLUB SHOP
21-22 May: Essex Rally NO CLUB SHOP
27-30 May Spring BH: Kelso CLUB SHOP
4-5 June: Members’ Rally, Malton CLUB SHOP
17-19 June: Tonbridge NO CLUB SHOP
25-26 June: EuroLambretta, Germany CLUB SHOP
8-10 July: Cleethorpes NO CLUB SHOP
16-17 July: Tan Hill Inn NO CLUB SHOP
23-24 July: Members’ Rally, Isle of Mull NO CLUB SHOP
29-31st July: Exmouth NO CLUB SHOP
6-7 August: Wisemen SC Rally CLUB SHOP
13-14 August: Members’ Rally, Shipston NO CLUB SHOP
26-29 August August BH: Isle of Wight NO CLUB SHOP
3-4 September: Mersea Island CLUB SHOP
10-11 September: York SC Rally CLUB SHOP
17-18 September: 4 Nations Rally, Ireland NO CLUB SHOP
23-26th September: Woolacombe NO CLUB SHOP
28-30 October: Bridlington Show CLUB SHOP

8 BSM events out of 23 the shop was there, no idea where you get 16 from, Granted a few odds and sods where on a table at Mull but that didn't constitute the club shop attending. it also went to the Meltdown rally in Germany in February which I still find a little odd.
The fact your in Cumbria is one good reason for you to not be the person to run the club shop as you don't live central enough to make attending rallys at LCGB members expense commercially viable imo.

The expected turnover of 25k is peanuts, any non subsidised "shop" traveling the country to events paying for fuel, accommodation and a wage would go under before 12 months was up.
If the mark up on parts the shop sells is around 20% which is common in retail then the shop only made £5000 profit out of which the shops expenses have to come.
quoting turnover is very misleading, how about quoting gross and net profit instead?
Or don't you know the difference?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I have to say that I think this whole thing is b@11@x. Toot is a volunteer and I don't think a public humiliation is in order. Whether successful or not.

Equally, I'm not 100% sure why eden was banned but I have an inkling. And if I'm right, I think banning someone for making accusations without investigating them in an objective manner is also out of order.

I'm not going to say anyone is right or wrong in what they say about each other as I'd be guessing, but shutting people up because you don't like their opinion is not cool. Public personality assassination is equally uncool.

What I'm saying is that no-one should be banned, but their accusations should be checked out. If found to be unfounded then this should be made public too.

Without recourse to challenge authority the club I used to race with would have continued to have its takings stolen on a regular basis, for example.

Come on lads, I get the feeling you'll never be lovers but neither the club nor individual members should suffer as a result of your dislike of each other.
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

hendy wrote: Without recourse to challenge authority the club I used to race with would have continued to have its takings stolen on a regular basis, for example.
Interesting example you've used there, obviously there must have been some proof that this was happening? Which would have lead to your club fully investigating the evidence presented and found that takings were in fact being stolen?

After all, for anyone to make an accusation of such a thing going on without being able to provide any evidence to back up such an accusation is potentially slanderous, isn't it?

Only saying like....
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Yes Toot, there was suspicion, then accusation, then discovery that the thefts had been taking place.

I'm not suggesting you've done anything wrong, so please don't drag me into this.

I'm simply saying that if an accusation is made it should be checked out. I also don't think the accuser should be banned. Further I don't think accusations should be broadcast until found to have solid foundation.

No, it would be libellous. I couldn't resist that. :P
eden
Dealer

Toot-oasc wrote:
hendy wrote: Without recourse to challenge authority the club I used to race with would have continued to have its takings stolen on a regular basis, for example.
Interesting example you've used there, obviously there must have been some proof that this was happening? Which would have lead to your club fully investigating the evidence presented and found that takings were in fact being stolen?

After all, for anyone to make an accusation of such a thing going on without being able to provide any evidence to back up such an accusation is potentially slanderous, isn't it?

Only saying like....
I didn't and have never accused you or anyone else of stealing from the club or anywhere else, Your committee have stated that I have not accused anyone of stealing, maybe your not singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of them or maybe you don't know what was sent to me when I was informed I was banned.

So here it is just for you Toot.
Hi Eden

Apologies for the length of time in getting back to you, I have been ill.

The committee had their planned meeting earlier this month and discussed the issues around your interaction with members of the committee including the spat with Simon. There was a general feeling that although you may not of accused Simon of mis-using club fund, we felt you insinuated that could have been the case by suggesting he was funding a Jolly boys outing for his scooter club mates when taking the club shop to that rally abroad.

The members of the committee who have had dealing’s with you on the forum, social media or emails are sick of the constant arguments that you seem to generate, even the committee members who know you personally don’t understand why you feel the need to constantly cause these arguments. The committee give up their free time to run the club and we just don’t want to waste any more time dealing with your issues and arguments.

The committee has decided that It will ban you from all Club activities for 6 months ( 1st September to the 1st February ). If and when you decide to re-join the club you will be banned from the clubs Forum and other social media accounts for 1 year. If during this period you want to bring up any issues with the committee it will be done solely through myself or the Clubs Chairman Dave Welford, no other committee member will deal with any correspondence you send them.

You stated in an email to me not so long back that you just want to get on with riding your Lambretta, I hope that if you decide to re-join the club or not that you do just that and leave all the nonsense behind.

Paul Moylan
On behalf of the LCGB Committee
now compare that to the notice I got before that informing me that my membership had been revoked (suspended)

Hi Eden

After much discussion by the committee we feel that you have gone a step to far in accusing Toot of mis-using club funds on the LCGB forum, and as you have already stated you will not offer any form of apology your membership will now be revoked, and you will be unable to take any further part in club activities from this point onwards.

We could argue all day about the other issues you mentioned but although many people including committee members got wound up they were just different opinions amongst grown ups and no harm came of them, but your accusation against Toot took things to a different level and we as a committee have all agreed it can't go unanswered. To accuse one of the hardest working committee members of stealing from the club was shocking and totally un-called for.

If you decide to offer a full and un-reserved apology we will now consider that at a committee meeting to be held week beginning 3rd October, failing this the duration of your ban will be decided by the committee at the meeting in October and will be confirmed to you in writing afterwards.

Regards Paul Moylan
on behalf of the LCGB Committee

obvious to anyone that I was suspended for something I didn't do and because I tried over and over to explain that I had done no such thing is was then later decided that even though I didn't do what they first accused me of they would ban me anyway for arguing my case.

Suspending me at the end of August was unjust enough due to that action preventing me carrying on with my "best supporting member" challenge this year but then banning me later in the year for something else even though they came to their senses realising I hadn't done what they 1st accused me off is just spiteful, as are the actions of Toot at the 4 nations suggesting to the other 3 nations that the LCGB would frown upon any national club accepting banned LCGB members from joining their clubs. nothing official like, just little words in peoples ears.
Oddly, also the letter banning me has no mention of BSM points pre September being taken away, even worse is that I kind of knew the outcome of the committee meeting before I received the banning notification because the BSM sheets online were updated with the glaring to me omission of any of the points I had earned this year.

Harsh to say the least :?
eden
Dealer

And one more thing..... I am amazed that the committee have allowed Toot to drag those emails out of me publicly on here by insinuating yet again that I suggested he stole club funds.

it beggars belief!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information