Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
eden
Dealer

Two ILC members got bans last week.
Full bans., not allowed to take part in any lcgb activities.

I may post up the notification I received. Nothing in it about keeping it confidential and tbh thete shouldn't be as they should be prepared to be transparent regarding their actions and decisions.
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

jonzo172 wrote:
Phewww... did you cover the chip vans?
Apologies Jon, missed that bit. In my nearly 10 years on the LCGB Committee, and for the many years prior to that when I was attending LCGB events, I can never recall food, or any other, venders being paid to attend and trade at an LCGB event?

No idea where that suggestion came from - probably another urban myth......
jonzo172

Toot-oasc wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:
Apologies Jon, missed that bit. In my nearly 10 years on the LCGB Committee, and for the many years prior to that when I was attending LCGB events, I can never recall food, or any other, venders being paid to attend and trade at an LCGB event?

Just trying to lighten things up Toot... have you, Eden and relevant parties tried sitting down somewhere to sort all this out rather than slagging each other off on here and LCGB forum?

From the outside, it doesn't look good.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Toot-oasc wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:

no it wasn't an "urban myth" it was on LCGB's own chat forums before they were restricted to members only. This was some years back.

Somebody in LCGB stated that they had paid some vendor to attend and several of your own members expressed surprise that this was the case as normally vendors have to pay themselves to be allowed on to site.

Why not trawl back though the postings for confirmation?
Scootering since 1968.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Nothing exists prior to May 2014 as it was all lost when the hosting server crashed. (AFAIK).....
Did you have to do that?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

jonzo172 wrote:
Toot-oasc wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:

Just trying to lighten things up Toot... have you, Eden and relevant parties tried sitting down somewhere to sort all this out rather than slagging each other off on here and LCGB forum?

Well said.
eden
Dealer

hendy wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:
Toot-oasc wrote:

Well said.

I did try with my correspondences to the committee since way back in June... all it did was make matters worse, mainly due to Toot not keeping his dummy in.
Lcgb have to back him as no one else would be prepared to look after the club shop. I can understand them needing to keep him sweet but pandering to his ban requests and even worse believing the bullshit he told them about me is alarming to say the least.
I have held my tong for the last few months waiting to see the outcome of this fiasco which started with Toot falsely accusing me of trying to get on the committee through the back door, ( I have never and never will want to be part of a committee run like the secret service)
Now they have made their decision and liberated me i can really speak my mind with out any fear of further retribution from the ruling party.
68sxandy
Main scooter: Mugello 186 SX

Wow - I'm joining the North Korean branch of the Lambretta club - Far less complicated.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I'm getting some popcorn in.
challenger

eden wrote:
hendy wrote:
jonzo172 wrote:

Lcgb have to back him as no one else would be prepared to look after the club shop.
Which Club Shop would that be then?
The online Shop thats been under construction Since May 2014?
Is there one that can be viewed by members only, or can you buy the club stuff at events, or
maybe per email ?
No Idea, but what I do know is, if I dont know whats being offered for sale then I wont want to buy anything.
Under those circumstances, I cant see what the LCGB would feel obligated to back someone against you just because theyre looking after the Shop?
Obviously a part time volenteer Job and I can Respect that, might be a good idea to get the online side Sorted out at last, who knows, people might actually buy something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information