Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

.................bearing in mind this all started over a chip van comment :roll:

personally I think not replying would be the best solution.............but then I have bought several bags of popcorn....so maybe not ;)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote:.................bearing in mind this all started over a chip van comment :roll:
Indeed, and the original comment seemed quite innocuous....yet the responses which ensued led directly to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

mick1 wrote:.................
personally I think not replying would be the best solution.............
I'm not having a go at you Mick, so please don't take this personally.

So by default the accusations of financial impropriety and apparently using my influence inappropriately must be right, (which both are definitely not) and anyone can say what ever they want on a public forum without fear of reply simply because I'm a high profile member of the LCGB and trying to defend myself is unprofessional and looks bad on the club?

Finding yourself the target of being accused repeatedly of unfounded financial impropriety, isn't nice. Especially when it's something voluntary that you do, which I've put the vast majority of my free time into for the past 6-7 years. (Which I fully accept is my choice).
jonzo172

Toot-oasc wrote:Salted, Sweet or Buttered???
Buttered please and plenty of it!
mick1

Toot-oasc wrote:
mick1 wrote:.................
personally I think not replying would be the best solution.............
I'm not having a go at you Mick, so please don't take this personally.

So by default the accusations of financial impropriety and apparently using my influence inappropriately must be right, (which both are definitely not) and anyone can say what ever they want on a public forum without fear of reply simply because I'm a high profile member of the LCGB and trying to defend myself is unprofessional and looks bad on the club?

Finding yourself the target of being accused repeatedly of unfounded financial impropriety, isn't nice. Especially when it's something voluntary that you do, which I've put the vast majority of my free time into for the past 6-7 years. (Which I fully accept is my choice).
Not taking it personally so no issues there :D

The problem seems to be, by answering one question, you provide information (facts/figures) which then lead to more "insinuations" and questions..........hence it drifting away from "Chip Van Gate".

Although it's been very close (insinuation/accusation) I don't believe there has been an outright accusation of you doing anything untoward....

Hindsights a great thing and I still believe LCGB "internal" issues shouldn't be dragged up on a public forum..........but then i'm not prepared to give up my free time to assist the LCGB (and take flak for doing so) maybe if I did I would be replying like yourself..... :?
MaDMAn

eden wrote:Two ILC members got bans last week.
Full bans., not allowed to take part in any lcgb activities.
Why? What did they get banned for?
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

Do the bans stop them attending the January AGM ? If Eden and the "ILC 2" are allowed to attend put me down for a ticket :twisted:
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

jonzo172 wrote:
Toot-oasc wrote:Salted, Sweet or Buttered???
Buttered please and plenty of it!
Seems ironic that no-one is offering chips for sale
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Don't think I'll be joining the LCGB cult any time soon, to much bullshite and playground politics for me.
mick1

Scooterdude wrote:Don't think I'll be joining the LCGB cult any time soon, to much bullshite and playground politics for me.
Out of 5000 members two of them are having a slanging match..........4998 enjoy the LCGB for what it is.

LCGB events are one of the best organised events and value for money on the scooter scene. I wouldn't let what's been said on here stop you from paying the £20 Membership which you get back two fold in the JetSet and other "goodies".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information