Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Think its about time this slanging match was shut down, really dont think its what this forum is all about!
whonatic

Oh I don't know... big kids argueing always compulsive reading :lol:

But will have to buy more popcorn if it carries on!
goldeneye

psychedelicropcircle wrote:
dirtyhandslopez wrote:Is Goldeneye alright?
Goldenyak has never been right :twisted:

AYE! I'm alreet mr.lopez. crop circle gadgee, ya a tw@7! :lol: for what its worth, I think toot is a top gadgee, and the times ive met Eden , he"s been in canny fettle as well. this here is the end of the sermon, kindest regards , Mr. Goldeneye.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Chris.....you broke the unwritten rule.
never discuss or critisice the lcgb on this forum.
No matter what thread i have seen it always ends up in a slanging match.
Members defend the lcgb others use it to air personal grievances.
am sure your question was not made with malicious intent and seemed harmless to me but its started world war 3.
im not in the lcgb so try not to comment on the lcgb. Its has some very knowledgable members and is very well supported from what i know of it.
its sad to see guys who eat sleep and live lambrettas pulling strips off of each other.
Surely you guys can sit and Talk it out in private.
goldeneye

having had a couple of mates pass away lately, scooter lads, its all just about a few old shopping bikes that we go on the p155 on /rag about on really , isn't it? if we start to think anymore than that , we really need to look at our selves . see you at the bar.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

goldeneye wrote:having had a couple of mates pass away lately, scooter lads, its all just about a few old shopping bikes that we go on the p155 on /rag about on really , isn't it? if we start to think anymore than that , we really need to look at our selves . see you at the bar.

Couldn't agree more. Life is FAR too short for all this bullshit.

I sometimes sit back and chortle at the stupidity of it all, and often wonder if there are a bunch of guys at the VW, BSA, MG (insert any vintage car/bike brand) Club Great Britain all arguing on some other forum in a parallel situation.

Scooters certainly do seem to attract a wide spectrum of characters and evoke a strong set of emotions. But to what end?

Notable also is the lack of similar arguments from VCB members on here.....I'll have to go check out their forum and see if they are banning people and squabbling, or is that just a Lambretta thing? Strange....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Arcadia

Got to say this thread has on the one hand been very entertaining in an otherwise dull week for me, although i think the phrase they use is 'car crash tv' when something is horrible to watch yet compulsive viewing. But the overriding feeling for me here is that toot/simon has really let himself and the lcgb down by coming on and squabbling in this very public and very childish manner. Its not at all good for the club or scootering in general. He seems to have vociferously responded to literally everything and everyone, and in some case started arguments about things which were not even anything to do with this thread at all. I dont know eden or toot personally, and i cant imagine its nice for eden being banned from the lcgb for raising pertinent questions, nor can it be nice for toot to be badgered by someone so seemingly argumentative. However the overriding tone of this whole thread, for me, is just one of utter disbelief at a 'senior member' of the lcgb making such a public spectacle of himself and the club here on this forum, dissecting and re-quoting sections of peoples comments in order to frame a narrative which suits himself, and in essence continually seeking to perpetuate the argument, rather than act in a professional manner to resolve it. The whole thing looks like a terrible mess to be honest, with accusations of individuals abusing their position, and then said individuals becoming embroiled in such lowbrow gutter squabbles. This whole thing should be locked down in my opinion, and left buried where it belongs, until the relevant individuals can either patch things up or agree to disagree without sniping at each other.
immylam

I have to say that I am someone who carps on like a broken record about rallies being in the same place all the time but recently over the past year have saw a couple of articles actually pointing out what is actually involved. I am someone who snipes from the sidelines and does nothing to help and after seeing what is involved....feck that!. Mixing up the dates a bit even if the venues are the same might be something that could be done easier than finding new venues or even revisit some of the past venues ( again it would take same effort but must be easier than starting from scratch - Redcar, Morecambe, Whitley Bay, Fort William , Ayr, Southport etc) Anyway I have new found admiration for those involved and even if some of them are just doing it for a high vis vest and a bit of 'kudos' fair play to them for getting up there. Oh I'll still moan and still point out there are more places in Scotland than Kelso and thet the South coast get all the warm weather month rallies but I'll still support and attend when I can .....and I might even tip my pork pie hat to venue helpers in an appreciative way and even not complain about the farting in the parts fairs being un-escapable cos too many stalls are packed in.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I don't think the thread should be locked.......the two "adversaries" are grown men who know what they are writing and it's up them if they want to share what information and views they have. The only damage they are doing is to their own reputation and possibly that of the LCGB.

It appears Eden has been badly done by and Toot hasn't answered many of the questions put to him. Eden does seem to bring up some petty arguments and doesn't do himself any favours, but should he be banned for that ?

As Toot is representative of the LCGB maybe the committee should have a quiet word with him about airing the dirty laundry in a public domain.

Of course this all may be a ruse to increase attendance for forthcoming LCGB AGM...... :mrgreen:
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

mick1 wrote: It appears Toot hasn't answered many of the questions put to him.
Not the case Mick, the unfounded allegations made were without any evidence at all being provided for the Committee to investigate, despite these being requested on more than one occasion. Yet the allegation continued to be repeated on all aspects of social media. What was also annoying was it wasn't only about myself, it also involved accusing my travelling companions of 20+ years.

The Committee have concluded their investigation and made a decision. For obvious reasons it was not appropriate that I was involved in the decision making.

There's another unfounded allegation being made against me in this very thread, so here we go again - an accusation thrown and if I don't respond on here then those reading it (over 4,100 views on this thread to date) will simply believe it must be true? There are two sides to this issue, and those LCGB members that want to know the facts can either contact any Committee Member, or bring it up at the AGM, if they feel it is appropriate?

So yes, dammed if I do respond, and if I don't then it must be true then eh?

A no win situation and as I'm a high profile member of the LCGB then it looks bad that 'LCGB' matters are being played out on a public forum. At what point it evolved from a 'personal' matter between 2 individuals to an 'LCGB Club' matter is for others to form an opinion on.

Anyway, it looks like popcorn is going to be a good seller going forwards on the Club Shop so what is people's preferences: Salted, Sweet or Buttered???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information