Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Arcadia

Toot-oasc wrote:
In my humble opinion, of course (plus over 5,000 members that renew their membership of the Club every year).

Are you suggesting that you personally speak on behalf of all 5000+ LCGB members? Ha, ha, what a f@@king joker. You condescending prick.
MaDMAn

Toot-oasc wrote:
It may have resulted in an even more interesting article (or series of continued articles) about the largest Lambretta Club in the World from 1977 through to present day?

Maybe something the current editor of the magazine might want to give thought to?

Last time I checked, the LCGB continued beyond the mid 1980's,
I read the article and if i recall correctly it was called a snapshot in time, and was about the early history of the club from 1970's to 1990's, it was really good. Looks like they didn't need any input from you or your cohorts. A bit too full of yourselves you lot.
whonatic

Pass the popcorn.... :lol:
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Toot-oasc wrote: Stuart, the point I was eluding to is that Dave Welford, Moy and Mandy have been Committee Members for a very, very long time. It would have been polite to maybe give them a heads up that you and Jim Trewin were penning an article about the early days of the resurrection of the LCGB and sought their input from their memories of that time?

It may have resulted in an even more interesting article (or series of continued articles) about the largest Lambretta Club in the World from 1977 through to present day?

Maybe something the current editor of the magazine might want to give thought to?

Last time I checked, the LCGB continued beyond the mid 1980's, and according to some (but maybe not quite everyone) the club goes from strength to strength with every passing year.

In my humble opinion, of course (plus over 5,000 members that renew their membership of the Club every year).

I'm sure one or two may come along shortly and not share my view point...... Each to their own, Scootering is what you make it.

Wow....the original poster was commenting on the cost of parts, and the next on a chip van.......somehow its become the 'Toot venting his spleen roadshow'. Thanks for your input! :roll:

Personally, my opinion (about the original post) is that the selection of stalls at Brid was excellent. And although not ALL stalls have products and prices to please EVERYONE, its certainly helpful to have stalls there.....and most products do seem well priced to me. Especially the stall run by that nice chap Corrado ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Wow my post certainly went on a tangent.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

LI150 wrote:Wow my post certainly went on a tangent.
Hopefully you learned something about chip vans in the process though? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Innocenti Chip Vans- the New TV200............ :D
Scootering since 1968.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

The chip van was banned from Corbridge for being too working class.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Always had Chris down as a bit of a stirrer.......... :lol:
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Toot-oasc wrote:
100mphlambrettaclub wrote:Crap, and i thought those pictures of Kev Walsh, Jeff Smith, Richard Dawson, Dave Welford and a few others that were in the article were committee members, some founding ones of the ressurected club aswell. Must try harder, might have to go on my report then. One thing i do know there werent any chip vans around during the glory days of the LCGB rallies. You live and learn
Stuart, the point I was eluding to is that Dave Welford, Moy and Mandy have been Committee Members for a very, very long time. It would have been polite to maybe give them a heads up that you and Jim Trewin were penning an article about the early days of the resurrection of the LCGB and sought their input from their memories of that time?

Last time I checked, the LCGB continued beyond the mid 1980's, and according to some (but maybe not quite everyone) the club goes from strength to strength with every passing year.

I'm sure one or two may come along shortly and not share my view point...... Each to their own, Scootering is what you make it.
I know Moy, Mandy and Dave very well thank you and have done since the mid to late 1980's. The piece i wrote for the magazine was from the early parts of the clubs history. Why did i pick that period? Because it was about the clubs ressurection and the struggles it went through to survive. While the period after 1992 has its own success story, aswell as controversies, i felt the early days needed writing about. However i would be more than happy to write about the clubs current day status, if the editor wants it. The article was written by me not Jim Trewin, he supplied a few images that is all. During the period betewwn 1977 and 1992 over 30 people served on the LCGB committee with four of them contributing to the story. I have not received or heard any remarks from the other 25 or so saying they were left out, consider that before commenting on their behalf. Plus, if I had included stories from all of them the magazine would be the thickness of the Oxford dictionary to get all the material in, not to mention about a year writing it.

Rather than moan, why don't people try to be proud of their club and what it stands for instead? Next year is the 70th anniversary of the lambretta scooter and 67 years since the very beginnings of what was to become the lcgb. They way some national clubs are going, next year wont be a happy one, as the committees and their members seem very divided. For the sake of what should be a great year of celebrations, why doesn't everyone bury the hatchet and get on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information