Having a moan

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Toot-oasc wrote:
(Or maybe basing your ill-informed opinions on reading articles about the LCGB in Scootering that are printed without any consulation with any LCGB Committee members, not even those that were shown in the photos accompaning the feature and were LCGB Committee members back then?).
No chip vans were harmed during the making of that article....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Crap, and i thought those pictures of Kev Walsh, Jeff Smith, Richard Dawson, Dave Welford and a few others that were in the article were committee members, some founding ones of the ressurected club aswell. Must try harder, might have to go on my report then. One thing i do know there werent any chip vans around during the glory days of the LCGB rallies. You live and learn
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

what am I missing here? WAS there something in the latest Scootering about LCGB or what?

I've obviously unwittingly broken some "unwritten rule...."
Scootering since 1968.
jonzo172

bristolmod wrote:what am I missing here? WAS there something in the latest Scootering about LCGB or what?

I've obviously unwittingly broken some "unwritten rule...."
You'll have to break your 10 year Scootering silence and buy a copy to find out! :lol:
bristolmod

well I was saving me money to go towards a chip van.............
Scootering since 1968.
jonzo172

bristolmod wrote:well I was saving me money to go towards a chip van.............
Good earners I've heard and all you've got to do is turn up ;)

JOKING of course!
bristolmod

jonzo172 wrote:
bristolmod wrote:well I was saving me money to go towards a chip van.............
Good earners I've heard and all you've got to do is turn up ;)

JOKING of course!

Dead man walking I fear!! :D
Scootering since 1968.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

bristolmod wrote:what am I missing here? WAS there something in the latest Scootering about LCGB or what
2 part series in July and August editions, 5 or so pages in each mag....

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
eden
Dealer

I could do an article about the goings on in lcgb over the last 7 years or so that I'm sure many would find more than intetesting ;)
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

100mphlambrettaclub wrote:Crap, and i thought those pictures of Kev Walsh, Jeff Smith, Richard Dawson, Dave Welford and a few others that were in the article were committee members, some founding ones of the ressurected club aswell. Must try harder, might have to go on my report then. One thing i do know there werent any chip vans around during the glory days of the LCGB rallies. You live and learn
Stuart, the point I was eluding to is that Dave Welford, Moy and Mandy have been Committee Members for a very, very long time. It would have been polite to maybe give them a heads up that you and Jim Trewin were penning an article about the early days of the resurrection of the LCGB and sought their input from their memories of that time?

It may have resulted in an even more interesting article (or series of continued articles) about the largest Lambretta Club in the World from 1977 through to present day?

Maybe something the current editor of the magazine might want to give thought to?

Last time I checked, the LCGB continued beyond the mid 1980's, and according to some (but maybe not quite everyone) the club goes from strength to strength with every passing year.

In my humble opinion, of course (plus over 5,000 members that renew their membership of the Club every year).

I'm sure one or two may come along shortly and not share my view point...... Each to their own, Scootering is what you make it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information