rb200 pm fat mamba

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

as above anybody useing a pm tuning fat mamba on rb200 as there are no nk exhausts at rayspeed :o
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi garry,

yes ive got a fat mamba on my rb250, sounds very good, good overall performance, looks good, downpipe hard to fit, and the rubber washer that goes between the exhaust and the mounting is garbage, my exhaust would come lose all the time no matter if i used nylocks, studlock, or anything, fixed it in the end by enlarging the holes in the bracket and fitting scorpion exhaust rubber mounts, i also added an extra lug to the exhaust bracket and fitted another rubber mount, so its got 3 now and not a problem anymore, i have heard of these exhausts cracking, and splitting, but mine is fine, i would guess its down to the mounting issues, a solid mounted lammy exhaust will always break as im sure you know, i would buy another if i needed one.

holty
Jonn

Have you considered a chiselspeed exhaust,I had one on my RB20 sprinter.
garry inglis

yes their good i have an ads5 on my other scoot mambas are 3 to 4 week wait no nk for 4 weeks only leavs franspeed i have a super tourer with only 100 miles on it i might alter that
garry inglis

thanks holty if you can weld the beast iam sure i can alter an exhaust lollol
GT Guy

I've been using one of late having borrowed one off a mate. Pleasantly surprised with the strong mid range. I don't think the top end is as good as the Franspeed race that it replaced but it is fun!
garry inglis

is it rideable around town from the dyno ive seen it starts from 3000 revs is that right
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes garry, lots of low down power, not peaky,not like a race pipe, i did have to bend my stand a bit to clear the wide body of the pipe.

holty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information