Indicator issue

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
ducksta

Hi guys just finishing my project Vespa px - it's been heavily modified ie not standard indicators no more, I am on a t5 classic wiring loom, led front stick on indicators and a led rear light/ indicator unit everything is wired correctly but the indicators light up but don't repeat the last scoot I did worked ok, do I need to put something in line ?

All replys welcome
live life your a long time dead
ducksta

Anyone
scooterslag

Could be wrong here but I think you need a specific LED flasher unit to make the indicators work, something to do with the resistance not being enough in a normal flasher unit to work LED indicators. Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
coaster

scooterslag wrote:Could be wrong here but I think you need a specific LED flasher unit to make the indicators work, something to do with the resistance not being enough in a normal flasher unit to work LED indicators. Paul
This is correct or you can also buy resistors to use with the leds to simulate the load of a tungsten lamp. The T5 Classic I used to own had a peculiar flasher that alternated flashing front to rear so there was only one lamp lit at a time. This was to stop the headlamp dimming with the indicators on.
ducksta

Cheers guys bought some resistors to try first 4 for a tenner
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information