No Modern Scoots on this Rally

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lamaddict

Good idea in my opinion, even though the numbers aren't great like the UK. No new Vespa's, sorry to offend some people but they just look good to to me.

Even on local ride outs they don't allow them, they see them as dangerous to other scoots as their brakes are very good etc. They also look don't look to me as I say IMO.

www.facebook.com/events/978459305582082/?ti=icl
acko

As opposed to having lots of camper vans there ?
Any form of two wheels is welcome in my book.
Ride outs???? How embarrassing. :lol:
Last edited by acko on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Better to be someone for a day than no-one for a lifetime
GFlint
Main scooter: Vespa PX200

Elitists with no forward thinking on keeping the movement alive IMHO. This is the trouble with UK clubs and scooter politics
People forget the original 60s scene all had new scoots at the time.
Currently in a club where the newest model is admired as much as the oldest due to the cost of vehicles here (heavy tax).
All scooters should be welcomed.
If you don't tinker, you won't learn anything, but you won't break anything either :)
retrorich
Main scooter: sx200 1966

Elitist attitudes damages the scene. People riding autos is their choice, and they are welcome in my opinion. Autos are a way for many of getting into the scene and learning on something easier to ride until confidence grows. Also classic scooters in terms of cost are mega high and unaffordable to lots of newcomers.

If its not your choice don't buy one but don't alienate people who do please. I mean its not like 80% who attend rallies etc have them, it is a small amount on the whole.

I don't have an auto and never will, and thats my choice...

What are peoples opinions of who has classic scooters and a motorbike. Is this also not welcome??
GFlint
Main scooter: Vespa PX200

Spot on retro rich, the clue is in the title. Its not a retro scene, 60's scene, Vespa scene, Lambretta scene.........Its a SCOOTER scene
If you don't tinker, you won't learn anything, but you won't break anything either :)
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I can't actually see the rally in question, but if they don't want modern scooters on it then I think that's fair enough. Wherever it is. :D Enjoy the classics while you can because it's difficult to see there being a vintage auto scene in years to come.
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

GFlint wrote:Spot on retro rich, the clue is in the title. Its not a retro scene, 60's scene, Vespa scene, Lambretta scene.........Its a SCOOTER scene
How would you define a scooter ?
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Why is a classic only rally elitist, are classic car rallies also elitist because you can't take your 2012 Mondeo?

Plenty of scooter rallies where all types are welcome, nice to have different options. Scooter rallies and classic rallies are just different events.

Appreciation of classic scooters is just that, I don't get why people feel that they need to turn it into a classic v modern debate.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

yep nothing wrong with classics only in my opinion.
Donnie.
Lamaddict

Part of problem in the U.S. where the rally is for those that couldn't see the link, is that people will turn up on all sorts of plastic scoots, even ones with real fairy lights almost taking the p155 but genuinely thinking that that's what it's all about. People riding geared scooters have real concerns about modern scoots having strong brakes and dangerously nipping around the older scoots. When I'm back in the UK, the lads I ride with stopped bikers ridding with them for similar reasons. Anyway,i
t's the organisers call and it suits me. Love seeing lines of classics scoots with no plastic etc. I can't see why people trying to get into the scene can't just get classic scoot there's still some bargians out there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information