Scomadi.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
scooterslag

I seem to remember the Italjet fomula and Dragster being built to less than excellent standards. They soon fell to bits with the owners struggling to find certain parts due to Italjet's less than reliable dealer service. It was only the fact that the dragster had good styling and the Runner 125/180 engines that folk put up with them - could have quite easily been a tuned Lambretta :lol: As for the Scomadi - I like them, there's a couple in my area and they do seem to go quite well and be built to a pretty decent standard. If the engine deal with Piaggio went through using the GTS engine I think people would have a more positive view on them. I've owned a couple of big Piaggio auto's in my time (X9,Hexagon) and the build quality was quite shite, its only the fact that we associate Piaggio with Vespa that it has the good reputation. Just the fact that something is made in China doesn't make it shite- the vast majority of Scootopia's excellent spare parts are made in China. Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

scooterslag wrote:The vast majority of Scootopia's excellent spare parts are made in China. Paul
The People's Republic or Taiwan?
Did you have to do that?
scooterslag

DigDug wrote:
scooterslag wrote:The vast majority of Scootopia's excellent spare parts are made in China. Paul
People's republic I think
The mack daddy on the left!
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I know a couple of people who ride Scomadis and they like them, although they don't do any serious miles on them, more day trips to the coast, etc. but they do what they want need them to do. They replaced their vintage scooters with them because they want something that they know will start and get them there and back, they are not interested in repairing, upgrading, modifying, etc.

Personally they are not for me, I do struggle a bit with retro in terms of if I want a modern auto then I'll buy a modern auto, not one that tries to look like a 50 year old one that also suffers from the design limitations it has (storage, etc.). But there is a market there as they are almost certainly more acceptable in the rally scene than non-Scomadi/Vespa autos. I also see a lot of new retro VW Campers about these days, I don't get them either, if I want an vintage VW camper then I'll get one, if I want a modern camper then I'd look at a T5 or something else purpose built.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

As I see it the more people that buy a Scomadi the more classic scooters will become available and prices for them may drop. I have an RB20, RB25 and a GP150 I can't ride them all and I'll probably sell two of them if I buy a Scomadi. I'm sure many others may do the same thus putting more classics on the market. This should make prices drop and make it more attractive to new people joining the scene.
DigDug

I'm thinking of doing that but they would be making way for a Tmax. :shock:
Did you have to do that?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

scooterslag wrote:
DigDug wrote:
People's republic I think
Wherever they make the BGM stuff.
DigDug

Which is top notch as far as I'm concerned.
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information