Scomadi.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Ran the 200 up at mersea island, hit 62mph. The econ/sport button made no difference to top speed but did let it accelerate more aggressively. didn't look too badly built tbh but i guess tile Will tell
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

Personally the scomadi isn’t for me, I see the market they are aiming at, the people that have developed them have put a lot of time, money and experience into them and I see the potential in them ( if I was gonna go for an auto, I would go for something that looks like a classic scooter rather than a “modern” looking one) I know a few people that have them, some of them love them and not had any problems, but a few lads have had nothing but trouble with them from day one and the dealer(s) round here have just fobbed them off, said there is nothing wrong, not fixed them properly and even made them pay to have them repaired ! And if you look around the t’interweb they don’t seem to be the only ones
With any new product you’re gonna have “teething” problems, it’s how those problems are dealt with that can make or break the success, sales, reputation etc
For me anyway, you can’t beat getting a 50 year old scooter, tuning the life out of it and feel like you’re going for the land speed record with a 2 stroke doing 8;000+ rpm under you’re a$$ (with 2 fingers covering the clutch....... just in case lol)
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Padge wrote:
For me anyway, you can’t beat getting a 50 year old scooter, tuning the life out of it and feel like you’re going for the land speed record with a 2 stroke doing 8;000+ rpm under you’re a$$ (with 2 fingers covering the clutch....... just in case lol)
Thanks for that honest reply. I've got my RB25 and 20 for that type of riding. I just fancy something a little more gentle on my my near 50 year old bones.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

dave411 wrote:I believe they are made in China.Need I say more.
I'd say most things we take for granted on a daily basis are made in China these days. I don't see a problem with this as long as there is a quality control system in place. Do you own a Scomadi and have had problems with it?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Made in Spain, made in India, made in China......life has moved on since Innocenti closed.

:D :D :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
jonzo172

Sticky's appraisal of the 200 herewith too...

http://www.scooterlab.uk/scomadi-tl200- ... st-review/

I think the SULK articles are probably the nearest you'll get to a professional unbiased opinion as opposed to "my mates mate know someone that..." and others that have NO riding experience of a Scomadi.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Made in Spain, made in India, made in China......life has moved on since Innocenti closed.

:D :D :D
Seems to imply the scomadi is a lambretta??? :shock: :shock: It ain't. :D
Donnie.
jonzo172

EddieStone wrote:This seems a realistic review
http://www.classicscooterist.com/search ... di&x=0&y=0
Whilst informative, this report is based on one of the early handbuilt 250's which used the carb fed 250cc out of the GTS at the time and are unavailable now.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

10 inch Terror wrote:
I'd say most things we take for granted on a daily basis are made in China these days. I don't see a problem with this as long as there is a quality control system in place. Do you own a Scomadi and have had problems with it?
No,dont own one.But I have had plenty of expierence of Chinese Motors etc.They really are dreadful,and that's putting it mildly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information