Pipe Design Exhausts

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
GT Guy

Does anyone know if Marco is operating at present? I ordered a pipe from them in June and was in regular e-mail contact with him up until late July when he told me he was building my pipe at that time. I've since heard nothing and not received the pipe either. I know they tend to take August off on the continent but i'm not too impressed that he went of without finishing/delivering it. My issue is that it has been paid for as my mates all clubbed together to get me a £350 voucher from them.

I don't want to come on here and slag dealers off but this is poor customer service especially as he quoted me 5-10 days to build the pipe

Cheers

Guy
challenger

Marco has had a lot of Bad presse on the GSF for doing exactly what youve described. Doesnt look good Im afraid!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Personally, I've never known anybody who didn't end up getting the pipe they ordered off him in the end. But I've known a few who had to wait a long time. Communication seems great before you pay, and seems to get a bit thin on the ground after.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
challenger

There is at least one Person on GSF whose been waiting over a year after paying, I think pipe design have got his engine as well. Nordspeed were getting slated for the same as well. People paying up front and Losing comms and basically getting the ignore treatment. Not all exhausts have been delivered apparently.
Juan

I'm just wondering why you'd pay anyone fully up-front simply because it's a scooter part?

You certainly wouldn't pay your builder fully upfront for an extension nor your Plumber for a new central heating system. So why some Geezer from another Country who, odds on, you'll never meet? Is it because he's a "scooter guy"? Obviously sound then.

Sorry, don't want to sound like I'm p1551ing on your chips, neither that it excuses him by any margin, but it's naïve at best.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I've never heard of pipe designs but reading the thread so far they look pretty p155 poor to be fair. If they treat their clients like that I wonder what the quality of their product is like not to mention their aftercare!
What's GSF ?
GT Guy

Thanks for your replies guys. I spoke to him back in February to discuss the possibility of an order. As a gesture my mates cottoned onto this and obtained a voucher. I don't think it's fair to call that naive after all no seller will send you anything until it's been paid for. We all just expect to get what we pay for.
Juan

I'd have to disagree with you here. I'm not in scooter trade but I'm pretty sure the majority who are on here would never expect full payment upfront. If you have the part ready to go then that's different of course.

I'm in roofing and I've never, ever asked for anything upfront other than material costs. I could also be classed as naïve for that alone, not had much problems though.

Will be intrested to hear what the guys in the scooter trade, current or previous, say about payment before completion.
challenger

GSF=german scooter forum
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Juan wrote:I'd have to disagree with you here. I'm not in scooter trade but I'm pretty sure the majority who are on here would never expect full payment upfront. If you have the part ready to go then that's different of course.

I'm in roofing and I've never, ever asked for anything upfront other than material costs. I could also be classed as naïve for that alone, not had much problems though.

Will be interested to hear what the guys in the scooter trade, current or previous, say about payment before completion.
Are you serious?

Every time you purchase something mail order or as Internet purchase you are doing just that, "paying up front".

Your protection is based on what method of payment you employ.
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information