Your First scooter /first car ?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well i,m sure we all have rather fond memories and remember our first ones ,scooters and cars i mean (not women ...that,s another topic !)...
just wondered what yours were ?.
my first scooter on the road was a s/h year old vespa rally 200 electronic bought for £150 borrowed of my mum and paid back @ £5 per week from my paultry £25 per week wages ! ,loved that scoot..not the fastest or the most desirable thing by any means ,but bangs for bucks and shear fun times it was pretty good in hind sight ..i had it for three years from the age of 18/21,and rode it everywhere and as often as i could ,every lunch hour i was out on it and after work till bed time lol,it was my pride and joy :)...its demise was very sad ,it died in a head on crash with a police car but luckily i survived ...the most hurtfull thing wasnt actually the many broken bones and briuses ,it was the fact that a pal of mine had offered me £500 for it the week before lol
car wise ,my first was a rather cronky old morris marina in the most un desirable colour ever !..dog poo beige lol.. paid £20 for that ..but again it was fab to me and i did really have some good times /laughs with it .i didnt actually have a full driving licence and was supposed to be accompanied by someone that did whilst driving it but often overlooked that mere technicality lol,luckily i never got caught out .
this was from 1978 to 1981 i may add ..very interesting times i think as its when the scooter scene really took off again ...pre quadrophenia to post quadrophenia lol
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

1957ish chrome handlebar Vespa that I couldn't get running so swapped for a running series 2 that later underwent the hacksaw BIG hammer conversion to a slim style. If you ever come across a frame with half the loop edge hacked off that's how it was done. sold it for more than I paid after many heat seizes. Bought a 1959 split screen Moggie van, ex GPO with built in ladder rack. Used for hauling my brother and his disco kit around and bringing the drunken bugger home at the end of the night. Of course I was tea total.... all for under a tenner
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi sean my first scoot was a series 1 li150 back in 1974 aged 13 years i painted it black and white with spray cans and rode it over the fields near buy i think i paid £15 for It i had help off the older scooter boys to fix it i even went potato picking on it near scotch corner my dad went mad lol my first car was my mates dads mk1 cortina estate yes estate had a bench seat great for the girls and plenty room in back to lay down and show them pics of my scoot ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

this is what i,m after ...great stories chaps :)
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

triang push along scooter in 1963 first car a corgi die cast ford zephyr same year :D
C’est la vie
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

First scoot, '78 Indian GP 150. Rode it straight into a hedge within the first couple of hours of ownership. First car, a yellow Vauxhall Chevette ( the old Viva 1256 engine). It S reg ('78) i got it in '82 by which time it was a rusting shed.

I got to understand how car engines worked though. I never had anywhere to strip it so the future parents in laws drive fitted the bill. Oh how they laughed :-)
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

first scooter, vespa rally 180 in white, i swapped it for a honda 90, wish i still had it, first car, it was a lot a peoples first car, the one and only mini.
:D
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

First running scooter was a vespa 90 in red then gold(for a week no idea why I had painted that colour) ended up in silver that was in 1979.First car was a 1968 H reg mini cooper in black went like the proverbial s**t of a shovel until you went through a puddle and it would conk out that was I think in 1986.I'll add another category as well my first motorbike was a Honda 550 four in 1986 the brown bomber I used to call it.
the man don't give a f@@k
sean brady scooters
Dealer

brill,keep those tales coming plz :)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Sorry to embarrass you Sean....why not tell us a bit more about YOUR first scooters! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information