Red funnel

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dave-g
Main scooter: Vespa P2

If the ferry guy is anything like the ones that direct us on and off at Lymington, I can understand.

Just before the ramp went down, everyone started their engines and the 2 stroke smoke was choking him!

He probably let you all go at once so he could breath again!

:D
a.j

So what was the island like this year? I swerved it as last year was awful (in my view). I needed a break from it. Were numbers down again? They were last year.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

My first IoW rally, and I had a great time. Met some great people and it reinforced my commitment to riding scooters. Lots of laughter on the campsite, and a good vibe all weekend. Maybe a break is a good thing, then go when you really want to.
YAMLAM

a.j wrote:So what was the island like this year? I swerved it as last year was awful (in my view). I needed a break from it. Were numbers down again? They were last year.
Imho numbers were down again on last year, nowhere near as many tents on the campsite.
£30.00 to camp for the weekend whether you want to see the bands or not, less toilets on the campsite side than in previous years, and i thought the catering was poor. Ryde was nowhere as busy as past years.
Still had a good time but that`s because of the people in my club, we could have camped any field in the land and still had a great time.
think i will swerve it next year .
win or lose have a booze
watto66

Yep

two of my mates on lambretta 175's had problems with the angle of the ramp it sorted it self once they were left actually poor clutch plates not being manufactured very well both from the same shop/supplier manufacturer in the south west UK noted they weren't the best when fitted but thought they would function good enough . in the sticky book it says a top tip of fitting the plates in the end of a 14mm spanner , these were 16mm so had to be worked on. Ironically I was on a old series 2 with another manufacturers make I had no problems. Also on our ferry the B*****D captain addressed everyone over the intercom said he " hoped all the moped riders had a nice weekend " LOL.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Yep
Me too on the 10.30am back on sunday a few of us did, realised it was burning up so pushed it up the last bit. By the time we'd docked it had cooled down and was fine.

Thought the whole weekend was sort of a disappointment I prefer the pubs rather than campsite (just a personal preference).Moving everything to smallbrook meant pubs were low on people they did look busy as most people were outside but tbh there weren't a lot inside thought it was too easy getting to the bar each time!.I did the tap and caulkheads thursday & friday night then ryde saturday night both were well down on punters.This could be my last IOW if it stays like this can see why vfm have done it though as it puts money in there wallet rather than the local pubs and no complaints on that score.
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC

watto66 wrote:Yep

two of my mates on lambretta 175's had problems with the angle of the ramp it sorted it self once they were left actually poor clutch plates not being manufactured very well both from the same shop/supplier manufacturer in the south west UK noted they weren't the best when fitted but thought they would function good enough . in the sticky book it says a top tip of fitting the plates in the end of a 14mm spanner , these were 16mm so had to be worked on. Ironically I was on a old series 2 with another manufacturers make I had no problems. Also on our ferry the B*****D captain addressed everyone over the intercom said he " hoped all the moped riders had a nice weekend " LOL.
He did on ours too felt like shouting back at him are we all aboard your dingy now then
GTFOMWSC

YAMLAM wrote:
a.j wrote:So what was the island like this year? I swerved it as last year was awful (in my view). I needed a break from it. Were numbers down again? They were last year.
Imho numbers were down again on last year, nowhere near as many tents on the campsite.
£30.00 to camp for the weekend whether you want to see the bands or not, less toilets on the campsite side than in previous years, and i thought the catering was poor. Ryde was nowhere as busy as past years.
Still had a good time but that`s because of the people in my club, we could have camped any field in the land and still had a great time.
think i will swerve it next year .
100% right only had a reasonabletime because there were 3 of us making the best of it downer was Pats wheel coming off and 400+ went passed and nobody stopped to help but harley rider!!
dave-g
Main scooter: Vespa P2

I think the 27.50 is ok for camping, less than a tenner a night. Didn't even see the bands, just had a great time sitting around the tents taking the p155 out of each other as usual.

Hate the "mod themed" pubs in Ryde.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

dave-g wrote:I think the 27.50 is ok for camping, less than a tenner a night. Didn't even see the bands, just had a great time sitting around the tents taking the p155 out of each other as usual.

Hate the "mod themed" pubs in Ryde.
I thought the AAA pass was really good value for money. Spent most of the weekend there. The bands suffered from very poor sound (actually, it was fckn abysmal!) - it must have been a nightmare getting a decent sound in that big tin shed. It was really bad for one band (was it The Riffs?) and people left in droves which was horrible to see. If you put your fingers in your ears it sounded OK, but that doesn't look good either. The soul band were good, but again it was awful sound and very sparsely attended. That was the only disappointment for me. I enjoyed it, and there were less comedy mods than I was expecting. I was generally surrounded by genuine, friendly, scooterists.

Got the Lymington ferry at the right stage of the tide and it was a dead level ramp both ways.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information