number plate 7 digit size

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mr mugello

Seen number plates advertised by a Lambretta dealer for pressed black 6.5 inch x 6.5 inch using 7 digits which I need. I'm sure they are smaller than the legal size by a fraction.
What are the chances of failing mot or do police make a fuss with these ?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

both of my lammys have plates that size, ive never had a problem, my chosen mot garage is an old fashioned garage that does lots of old and vintage stuff, never commented on no plate size, depends how fussy they are i suppose.
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've got 2 that size via Mike Phoenix and never had a problem with MoT or police
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

They are quite a bit smaller. From memory 1 3/4 " against 2 1/2". I have never had a problem at MOT or from the Police though.

They are still picked up by speed cameras though!
mr mugello

Shipleystevep wrote:I've got 2 that size via Mike Phoenix and never had a problem with MoT or police
These are the ones I've seen. I think I'll go for one.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm not convinced anybody knows what's legal and what's not to be honest. Dealers have to specify the requirements legally, but there is nothing to stop them making show plates, and it's up to us what we do with them. I'm sure the average policeman wouldn't know the difference. That's if they ever bothered to look. If they did cast their net they'd have a good haul though.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

holty wrote:both of my lammys have plates that size, ive never had a problem, my chosen mot garage is an old fashioned garage that does lots of old and vintage stuff, never commented on no plate size, depends how fussy they are i suppose.
That sounds like a very good garage ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
mr mugello

When you think of all the cheesy illegaly spaced personal number plates on vehicles. It would take a copper having a real bad day to nick you . Having wrong number size plate does that mean penalty points ?
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Shipleystevep wrote:I've got 2 that size via Mike Phoenix and never had a problem with MoT or police
Mike has had a couple done for me, exactly as I asked for them to be formatted. Excellent service.
mr mugello

[quote="Shipleystevep"]I've got 2 that size via Mike Phoenix and never had a problem with MoT or police[/quote
Can you email photo of log book for I'd or do you need to post original to get plates made up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information