Unrestored Values

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

My (mildly) disparaging remarks were definitely not aimed at scooters of this standard.

Lovely bike that. Where do you get them from? Have you sold your soul to beelzibub?
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

^^^^^^^^^
My Soul is intact , Im just always on the prowl for series 3 lambretta models.
G.
TurboTrev

That is absolutely stunning, as are the 25 original paint SX200s you've found (maybe a slight hyperbole, or maybe not). :lol: Original paint like that is 100% worth preserving, obviously. What makes me laugh is when rusty scoots are passed off as having desirable "patina" aka rust/rot with hefty price tags. When they are like that, give me a restored one any day. 8-)
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

TurboTrev wrote:That is absolutely stunning, as are the 25 original paint SX200s you've found (maybe a slight hyperbole, or maybe not). :lol: Original paint like that is 100% worth preserving, obviously. What makes me laugh is when rusty scoots are passed off as having desirable "patina" aka rust/rot with hefty price tags. When they are like that, give me a restored one any day. 8-)

+1. :D
Timbo

Mr G in NYC wrote:Interesting thread ........ Must say I am rather fond of finding original paint spec
scooters. This TV175 in original state being a recent find. 8-) and I ride an original
paint silver special as my daily commute with the exception of a Casa 186 Kit on it . G.

......come on, what's the story....
:D
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bought it off a collector in Arizona , he was selling another scooter and this was
in the background of the picture of the scooter he had FS. Asked him to send pics,
deal was done , palms crossed with silver over a 6 month period and now it sits in
my studio . was not cheap .... I have another one which is nearly as nice and I paid
half of what I paid for this one.... The days of $300 Lambretta's are well and truly
over ..... I just Love the blue of these 175 's and 125's and the Blue Performers from
Spain , which I've a few of over the years but all sold now ...wished I had kept one .
funny how certain models and colors resonate so deeply 8-) G.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

The blue TV 175 series 3 is my favorite all time scooter, I've had a few through the years, one of them almost as good as yours.
Slow is the new fast!
Timbo

Is it the same blue as the 125 special, I had one for a few months...

gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I personally love original paint scooters, I have a series 2 rustoration which i've owned and ridden long before the current trend, its just fun to own, I think if its original factory paint its something that should be saved, i'm not a fan of fake rust its not patina its fake sh#t ,but to each there own, try finding an original paint gp200 or tv compared to finding a restored one its a lot rarer, hence the cost , i sold a restored tv1 simply because I couldn't enjoy riding it and couldn't leave it unattended , no fun there in my opinion , but a good restoration is also rare, there's a lot of tat out there, restored is an over used term when it comes to scooters.
Lamaddict

Nice to see some examples. Unfortunately a lot the good examples of unrestored scoots now come from Italy/ Spain or the US etc. The ones in the UK seem hammered by the weather or restored in the 80/90's. Innocenti certainly used good paint and reasonable thick gauged metal, which has helped.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information