Stolen bike, well kind of...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

EddieStone wrote:I'm a bit puzzled by this - you typed in the registration and the bike is still on the road?

I had a Vespa stolen years ago, it was worth less than the hassle of claiming insurance, so I didn't do anything about it. Since I still have the V5, I still technically own the bike. When I type the registration in on the DVLA site, it still registered as a black Vespa. I doubt it exists though - it's just a record on a database.

If you didn't surrender the V5, it will still be on the database, but whether the actual bike still exists is another matter. Stolen bikes don't tend to last long.
hi guys been working away all week so sorry for not responding to this but yes I was initially thinking the same but the police guy said that yes it did look like the bike was still around but the one that rang back completely contradicted the first one so I will be looking at other ways of tracking it down, if at all it does still exist but as above it could just be a record on a database but worth perusing none the less as like Lambretta's there worth a few quid now.

I don't have any documentation, that got lost through three house moves over the years, but I do still have the ignition key! Haha but that's all.
Scooterdude

Cheers dude, I'll have a look later.
Scooterdude

Well after all that it was last taxed by me back in 82 so yes just a record on a data base, would have been nice though...
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

It's cost me a f***ing fortune restoring that blue fizzy! 70cc kit, spanny the works!
You think I'm giving it you back now? No ****ing chance! :lol: :lol:
Scooterdude

Spanish Fly wrote:It's cost me a f***ing fortune restoring that blue fizzy! 70cc kit, spanny the works!
You think I'm giving it you back now? No ****ing chance! :lol: :lol:
I had a 60cc kit bought from a local bike shop back in the day together with a customchrome expansion chamber bought out of a magazine, two/four seat and a Suzuki speedo, not great but fun while it lasted
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information