Registering different engine on log book?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
eadmr04

My missus has got a 65 Sportique and on the log book it says it's a 150 but it's got a PX200 engine fitted. Any ideas how I can get the new engine and cc on the log book just to make all legit? Cheers.
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

Fill in the change details on the v5 , sign and send to dvla , as its a 1965 model and if classed as a historical vehicle and you are increasing not decreasing the cc no proof / reciept of engine is needed.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
lambro

Recently DVLA are requesting a headed letter from a garage/scooter workshop to clarify changes up or down in cc.

Shaun.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

lambro wrote:Recently DVLA are requesting a headed letter from a garage/scooter workshop to clarify changes up or down in cc.

Shaun.

^ Agreed ive had to do for both up and down CC changes ^
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

lambro wrote:Recently DVLA are requesting a headed letter from a garage/scooter workshop to clarify changes up or down in cc.

Shaun.
Thats ridiculous,I can understand why someone would try and fool the DVLA by telling them that the engine was a smaller capacity than it actually is.If you have done all the work yourself and then you have to find a reputable scooter shop to verify the work and state that it has been converted to a higher cc before you can inform the DVLA of the changes,its no wonder that people dont bother and just run the scooter with the larger engine.After all you have nothing to gain by telling them that you have fitted a larger capacity engine.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

HxPaul wrote:

Shaun.
Thats ridiculous,I can understand why someone would try and fool the DVLA by telling them that the engine was a smaller capacity than it actually is.If you have done all the work yourself and then you have to find a reputable scooter shop to verify the work and state that it has been converted to a higher cc before you can inform the DVLA of the changes,its no wonder that people dont bother and just run the scooter with the larger engine.After all you have nothing to gain by telling them that you have fitted a larger capacity engine.

No but your insurance should know
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

HxPaul wrote:

Shaun.
And if it is still due for tax you might be changing the taxation class either way.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
eadmr04

I'll send the log book off and see what they say? Cheers for replies.
belly
Main scooter: series 2 Li with TS1

recently did mine, changed engine from 125 to 200 with a new engine number, V5 came back altered within 2 weeks no questions asked
northern*pete
Main scooter: lambretta skelly

Same here.... went from 125 to 150....notified DVLA,v5 came back amended, no questions asked.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information