iow discount codes?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dave-g
Main scooter: Vespa P2

Does anyone know of any?

I see the robbing c@@@s at wightlink want £41 this year for scooter and rider (from Lymington)!
YAMLAM

dave-g wrote:Does anyone know of any?

I see the robbing c@@@s at wightlink want £41 this year for scooter and rider (from Lymington)!
They really do take the pith,
tw
3 weeks ago i sailed from Portsmouth to Guernsey, car and two people £75.00 each way, thats a 7 hour crossing , not 20 mins like the iow .
I think Red Funnel ,who sail from Southampton
are cheaper.
win or lose have a booze
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Red Funnel are only slightly cheaper - £5 each way.

Slightly off topic, but can you just turn up and pay for the IOW ferry, or do you have to pre-book. Not 100% sure I'm going yet...
vespanic

I have found that with Red Funnel turning up on a scooter without booking you can normally get on fairly quickly except you have to go and buy a ticket and there is no discount. Not caught Wightlink for many years but way back then when I turned up without a ticket had to join a long queue to get on. Mind you last year when returning to the mainland with Red Funnel those that had prebooked couldn't always get on the ferry they had booked (at least that is what people were moaning about)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Usually Lymington isn't an issue as it's quite quiet, we don't usually book in advance as there aren't usually any discounts anyway.

A few years back there was a bike rally on at the same time and they had a discount, I was wearing my bike jacket when I walked in and got a discount better than the scooter riders outside!
Takes the p155 to discriminate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information