More s**t parts.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

timexit17 wrote:Trouble is it isn't just the hassle of sending parts back it's the waste of a afternoon thinking 'am I doing something wrong' that I begrudge!
If I could charge for my normal hourly rate they wouldn't dare send out less than perfect parts!
Totally agree here Tim.....The hassle caused by convincing yourself that you've done/are doing something wrong. Had the same issues the other week with some fancy ally gear swivel tie bar combination. Had me kicking myself thinking i'd put the gp type gear arm in the cases wrong. Went back after i'd calmed down and by chance, turns out that I had been made wrong and was stopping selection of first gear. Fitted some standard Italian ones and all was good again. Like you say , half a day lost to crap stuff. :evil:
Muttley McLadd

timexit17 wrote:Trouble is it isn't just the hassle of sending parts back it's the waste of a afternoon thinking 'am I doing something wrong' that I begrudge!
If I could charge for my normal hourly rate they wouldn't dare send out less than perfect parts!
Yup.. snatchy clutch.. It can't be the brand new clutch. I must have put the cush drive together wrong.. must have. Engine strip, new cush drive.. engine back together.. clutch still snatchy. "You might need to check blah blah blah..." I don't fucking think so - it's brand fucking new.

On top of that, the ten day turnaround to answer emails. Two months passes pretty quickly.
CakeAndArseParty
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

It's the cheek of calling parts 'top quality' that gets me. I've had parts with 'checked' and 'OK' written on them. Checked by who, Stevie Wonder?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

garry inglis wrote:i feel for you 10 inch one thing after another i am sure they should be 110mm long :?:
My GP has a Scootopia fitted (111mm) and an Indian one (109). There is a knack to fitting them. I have found that warming them slightly in a bit of hot water and spraying paint inside as a lubricant is the best. You then need to get it on pretty quick. I'd be surprised if Casa got their moulds that far wrong ?
Muttley McLadd

Why not use bike grips? They're longer, comfier, and cheaper.
CakeAndArseParty
10 inch Terror

Muttley McLadd wrote:Why not use bike grips? They're longer, comfier, and cheaper.
I wanted to keep it as standard as possible.
shocky

Muttley McLadd wrote:Why not use bike grips? They're longer, comfier, and cheaper.
I got grey tzr ones £6 from local bike place I got the super soft ones this time, seen the same ones on aliexpress for under 4 usd
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I've got something to add myself now. I've been using a remade fuel tank and I was getting a lot of spillage. The cap seemed loose, so I thought it was that initially. Went out on it again last night and you'd have thought I was running an open mouth carb. It was dripping, and I thought I'll have that out. Turns out it was the actual neck of the fuel tank itself. It's moving up and down when you put pressure on it and wasn't the cap at all. And don't get me started on the swarf from the seams of the tank... Only fit for the bin.
10 inch Terror

Doom Patrol wrote:I've got something to add myself now. I've been using a remade fuel tank and I was getting a lot of spillage. The cap seemed loose, so I thought it was that initially. Went out on it again last night and you'd have thought I was running an open mouth carb. It was dripping, and I thought I'll have that out. Turns out it was the actual neck of the fuel tank itself. It's moving up and down when you put pressure on it and wasn't the cap at all. And don't get me started on the swarf from the seams of the tank... Only fit for the bin.
Fuel leaks make such an awful mess too. Also there is a massive fire risk...I'd be fuming!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Ah, well it didn't cost me anything. No harm was done and I can afford to be philosophical about it. I can look inside and the threads for the tap are brazed in. I presume the neck must be as well. Obviously not so well. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information