More s**t parts.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Trouble is it isn't just the hassle of sending parts back it's the waste of a afternoon thinking 'am I doing something wrong' that I begrudge!
If I could charge for my normal hourly rate they wouldn't dare send out less than perfect parts!
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

And it continues. Only a small item but it held me up fitting the toolbox door. The top pin is way too short. That's 3 things from the same supplier that's not fit for purpose.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've just spent all morning trying wrestle a "replica" Series 2 exhaust on to my Winter Model. Lovely bit of kit - even has an IGM number. The u bend fits, the silencer fits - they just dont fit together on the bike.

Dug out an old SIL standard box and u-bend and it fits like a glove!

That's after having spent half an hour fettling a regulator to fit a poorly made copy of SLJ's combined CDI/regulator bracket.

:evil:
Did you have to do that?
MarkH
Dealer

10 inch Terror wrote:And it continues. Only a small item but it held me up fitting the toolbox door. The top pin is way too short. That's 3 things from the same supplier that's not fit for purpose.
Series 1-2 pins are shorter than Series 3/DL.
10 inch Terror

MarkH wrote:
10 inch Terror wrote:And it continues. Only a small item but it held me up fitting the toolbox door. The top pin is way too short. That's 3 things from the same supplier that's not fit for purpose.
Series 1-2 pins are shorter than Series 3/DL.
I 100% ordered a series 3 one. Obviously an error their end and easy enough to make. It doesn't help me though when I have to order, pay and wait for for a new one to arrive.
10 inch Terror

Please someone tell me I'm doing something wrong...brand new Casa grips, fitted with washing up liquid, after being soaked in boiling water. I've stretched it as far as I dare, but are miles off going fully home.
Surely this can't be right?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

You must have shrunk um by boiling. Best way to fit them I found was to spray the inside with women's hair spray then they slip on and when the hair spray dries they stick like glue.
10 inch Terror

Scooterdude wrote:You must have shrunk um by boiling. Best way to fit them I found was to spray the inside with women's hair spray then they slip on and when the hair spray dries they stick like glue.
I've not fitted or put the throttle side in boiling water and it's still too short. It's still the same size as the gear side. It 100% hasn't shrunk.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i feel for you 10 inch one thing after another i am sure they should be 110mm long :?:
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

10 inch Terror wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:You must have shrunk um by boiling. Best way to fit them I found was to spray the inside with women's hair spray then they slip on and when the hair spray dries they stick like glue.
I've not fitted or put the throttle side in boiling water and it's still too short. It's still the same size as the gear side. It 100% hasn't shrunk.
Well as I recently found out just cuz it says "Casa" on the packet it still may not be any good! I fitted Scootopia grips without a problem, Scootopia's chrome ring and headset bearings were a different matter though!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information