FRAUDSTER ON ebay....WARNING!!!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, so appologies if it isn't. One of my club mates has something linked to his facebook that shows Lambretta items or scooters for sale. I'm not sure what it is as I do not have facebook. However today he had something pop up and he looked as he normally would, only to think that the sx for sale looked like his own sx. Then he looked at the number plate and it was one digit out........but the same spec and colours and seat etc. It had reached £4800 pounds with 14 hours to go. The seller had put the scoot on for four days strangely. My mate contacted ebay and they pulled the advert. This scooter does not, nor ever has belonged to the surposed seller and isn't for sale. What amazed me was that they didn't want to inform the police or fraud squad regarding this, which in my mind, quite frankly stinks. Someone could easily be ripped off for thousands of pounds by some unscrupulous scumbag :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

If anyone's daft enough to part with close to £5K without laying hands on the item in question they need adult controls configured on their broadband. :idea:
Did you have to do that?
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I know, but what concerns me is that there may of been a planned theft of the bike. Find the location of the bike do a quick ebay listing and someone may think they are getting a bike at a bargain. Let's be honest, if someone was after an sx and it was only at £4800 with a few hours to go,????????.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Good spot Speedy.
This type of scam usually doesn't even involve a bike at all -it's simply to secure a 'deposit' and then withdraw it before the buyer gets to the collection address and finds they have been duped.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information