Scomadi

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
nuttyboy
Main scooter: lambretta

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Anybody tempted to sell there geared lambretta to buy one,,great article in scootering this month ,must admit I'm very tempted
simonwwfc

Been there done it
I've you fit a 172 conversion into either a 50 or 125 model it will still be quicker that the 200 model lol
simonwwfc

Go ride one first then make your mind up
nuttyboy
Main scooter: lambretta

Do you think it will decrease the value of classic lambrettas,,think the 200 model is to overpriced anyway

10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

An old mate of mine has just picked up a carbon one. I must say it does look very nice. I think if Innocenti had carried on producing scooter until now, they'd look similar to these.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

nuttyboy wrote:Do you think it will decrease the value of classic lambrettas,,think the 200 model is to overpriced anyway

That is an interesting question, my view is this:

1) The introduction of Scomadi MIGHT mean that classic Lambretta prices stay level for longer periods, and help to alleviate rampant price rises. In any 'auction' it only takes TWO people bidding for prices to rise hard and fast. Remove one bidder and things become more reasonable. Then of course, for every geared owner selling a classic to fund the auto, it introduces a machine to the sales market, so it will contribute ever so slightly to more classic Lambrettas being up for sale, and fewer 'bidders' on those machines. Of course, certain 'premium' models of classic scooters will stay largely unaffected, as they don't enter into the crossover stakes. The owner of a vintage TV200 or GP electronic is quite unlikely to see the Scomadi as an option to one of those, but anyone with say an Li125, or a SIL GP200 with stg4 top end....basically anything in the £1500 - £4000 bracket might consider a trade. Although knowing that most scooter owners don't have just one machine, I'd be more inclined to believe that a high proportion of Scomadi owners will have one as well as a classic scooter, two horses in the stable. Just my opinion though, time will tell.

2) "think the 200 model is to overpriced anyway"...not sure i agree. What I will say is that the 125 is priced phenomenally, so does the 200 just look expensive by comparison? Has anyone ever priced up one of those exotic Lambretta Innovation front ends Frank Sanderson does? New forks, outboard shocks, disk brake with anti dive etc....? I think its about £1200 all in. Well you get a mass produced version of that on the front end of the Scomadi, and with a few 2nd-hand TL125s starting to crop up for around £2k....its starts to look like you get a LOT of scooter for comparatively little money in the TL125. Given time, when the big-bore kits, the gearing/variator kits, and the CDI units are all are a plenty.....the TL125 will be a tough prospect to beat for looks, performance and price.

So we jump then to the TL200.....the engine is just a completely different animal, its a 4-valve, DOHC, water-cooled unit form Aprilia...and PM had to pay a premium to get it. Does it outshine a tuned 125 significantly enough to warrant the extra money? Well a new 125 is circa £2500, the CDI, big bore kit, and variator kit will be around what...£400-£500?? plus fitting & dyno @ £150-£200? I'm guessing, but say you get all that and a new scooter for £3200. The jump therefore between that and the TL200 is around £1300? The tuned TL125 will be good, but the standard TL200 will be faster, have more BHP and torque for overtaking/headwinds, plus its water cooled....and the TL200 can still be tuned to take it further. So here it comes down to available finances and preference. The last thing to consider when speculating if the TL200 is 'expensive' or not, is that its still a good chunk cheaper than a Vespa GTS300. So its all relative.

Interesting to see how the Scomadi gets along in the long term, they are at the beginning of this journey and it looks like they've had a lot of hurdles already, and I'm sure there will be more. As long as they honour the product, and give scooter riders something new and interesting......good luck to them i say.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I think there'll be a lot of Scomadi's at rallies while the Lambretta sits in the garage ready for local ride outs.
jonzo172

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
nuttyboy wrote:Do you think it will decrease the value of classic lambrettas,,think the 200 model is to overpriced anyway

That is an interesting question, my view is this:

1) The introduction of Scomadi MIGHT mean that classic Lambretta prices stay level for longer periods, and help to alleviate rampant price rises. In any 'auction' it only takes TWO people bidding for prices to rise hard and fast. Remove one bidder and things become more reasonable. Then of course, for every geared owner selling a classic to fund the auto, it introduces a machine to the sales market, so it will contribute ever so slightly to more classic Lambrettas being up for sale, and fewer 'bidders' on those machines. Of course, certain 'premium' models of classic scooters will stay largely unaffected, as they don't enter into the crossover stakes. The owner of a vintage TV200 or GP electronic is quite unlikely to see the Scomadi as an option to one of those, but anyone with say an Li125, or a SIL GP200 with stg4 top end....basically anything in the £1500 - £4000 bracket might consider a trade. Although knowing that most scooter owners don't have just one machine, I'd be more inclined to believe that a high proportion of Scomadi owners will have one as well as a classic scooter, two horses in the stable. Just my opinion though, time will tell.

2) "think the 200 model is to overpriced anyway"...not sure i agree. What I will say is that the 125 is priced phenomenally, so does the 200 just look expensive by comparison? Has anyone ever priced up one of those exotic Lambretta Innovation front ends Frank Sanderson does? New forks, outboard shocks, disk brake with anti dive etc....? I think its about £1200 all in. Well you get a mass produced version of that on the front end of the Scomadi, and with a few 2nd-hand TL125s starting to crop up for around £2k....its starts to look like you get a LOT of scooter for comparatively little money in the TL125. Given time, when the big-bore kits, the gearing/variator kits, and the CDI units are all are a plenty.....the TL125 will be a tough prospect to beat for looks, performance and price.

So we jump then to the TL200.....the engine is just a completely different animal, its a 4-valve, DOHC, water-cooled unit form Aprilia...and PM had to pay a premium to get it. Does it outshine a tuned 125 significantly enough to warrant the extra money? Well a new 125 is circa £2500, the CDI, big bore kit, and variator kit will be around what...£400-£500?? plus fitting & dyno @ £150-£200? I'm guessing, but say you get all that and a new scooter for £3200. The jump therefore between that and the TL200 is around £1300? The tuned TL125 will be good, but the standard TL200 will be faster, have more BHP and torque for overtaking/headwinds, plus its water cooled....and the TL200 can still be tuned to take it further. So here it comes down to available finances and preference. The last thing to consider when speculating if the TL200 is 'expensive' or not, is that its still a good chunk cheaper than a Vespa GTS300. So its all relative.

Interesting to see how the Scomadi gets along in the long term, they are at the beginning of this journey and it looks like they've had a lot of hurdles already, and I'm sure there will be more. As long as they honour the product, and give scooter riders something new and interesting......good luck to them i say.
Totally agree but I would say that to transplant a tuned air cooled 2T motor into a 50 or 125 would be way in excess of 1K especially as you have the donor engine to buy too.
I've built and owned a Lambretta innovations Series 5 with a 172c 2T and also "ran in" the 200 Scomadi before Sticky got hold of it and would say the 200 4T has by far the superior spread of power and a hell of a lot easier to live with than the screaming 2T auto which very quickly becomes grating.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

EddieStone wrote:I think there'll be a lot of Scomadi's at rallies while the Lambretta sits in the garage ready for local ride outs.
Don't people spend most of their time in the bar anyway?
Did you have to do that?
eden
Dealer

EddieStone wrote:I think there'll be a lot of Scomadi's at rallies while the Lambretta sits in the garage ready for local ride outs.
Not in garages in the greater Birmingham area.
A real Lambretta ia a much better rally scooter than a plastic auto one that does 57mph flat out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information