Scomadi

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
jonzo172

eden wrote:
EddieStone wrote:I think there'll be a lot of Scomadi's at rallies while the Lambretta sits in the garage ready for local ride outs.
Not in garages in the greater Birmingham area.
A real Lambretta ia a much better rally scooter than a plastic auto one that does 57mph flat out.
The 200 will sit in the middle lane at 75 all day long with plenty left to overtake in the third lane.
Not everybodys cup of tea but I can see the attraction to the aging scooterist population.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

The 200 will sit in the middle lane at 75 all day long with plenty left to overtake in the third lane.
Any evidence to support that? :shock:
Did you have to do that?
jonzo172

DigDug wrote:
Any evidence to support that? :shock:
Unfortunately I only had it for 3 days to get some miles on it before Sticky took it for testing and omitted to do any GPS recordings.
I used it on the motorway on a couple of occasions approx 50 miles in total and as stated would sit at 75mph comfortably and I saw 83mph on an overtake in the third lane.
The readings were speedo readings but I ride a 1000cc bike daily and felt the readings to be pretty accurate.
lockman69

so given that most speedo's are inaccurate, it was probably 66mph & 73mph, much like the GTS, Which starts to run out of puff about 70/75 mph
dave-g
Main scooter: Vespa P2

What's a real Lambretta?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

dave-g wrote:What's a real Lambretta?
I suppose if it says Lambretta on the log book under vehicle detail D.1 make.Then its classed as a real Lambretta.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

jonzo172 wrote:
eden wrote:
EddieStone wrote:I think there'll be a lot of Scomadi's at rallies while the Lambretta sits in the garage ready for local ride outs.
Not in garages in the greater Birmingham area.
A real Lambretta ia a much better rally scooter than a plastic auto one that does 57mph flat out.
Not everybodys cup of tea but I can see the attraction to the lazy scooterist population.
edited for accuracy!
Donnie.
eden
Dealer

well here are a few real ones that all do loads of miles every year and sit at around 70 (GPS) all day with more left for overtaking :)

seven of the real lambrettas in that picture have covered 3500 miles since March this year already.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Not the one on the right but all the others are! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Donnie.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Will be interesting to see how /if the 'teased' real branded Lambretta Vendetta stacks up to the Scomadi... For those interested in such things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information