This months Scootering mag...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

The new features, especially the tech are great, good to have Darrell on board, a breath of fresh very smart air. The free vintage mag though is a waste of paper, 95% of us have read it or even still have it. Money that should be spent elsewhere, testing engine components perhaps :)
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

What about the younger readers though who may not have seen the repro copy? We need to try different things to introduce the new blood into scootering. I think it is a good idea.
Lamaddict

I enjoy the mag more than before, well done to those involved.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

First copy I have bought in well over 3 years after ringing up and complaining that the advertised 32 page technical section didn't exist.
Refreshingly enjoyable and I personally really did enoy the Scomadi write up. I can only wish those behind it well.
The reprint is a total waste of time IMHO. Poor quality with nothing worth reading.

A major improvement so I will buy the next one. Well Done.
shocky

philz wrote:What about the younger readers though who may not have seen the repro copy? We need to try different things to introduce the new blood into scootering. I think it is a good idea.
Alot seem to want new blood but only on geared scooters, which large scale isnt going to happen and a legal geared 125 is a tad slow for todays young people compared to there 14kw 125 autos
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I think that the mag is good and am liking the tec stuff. However there are many that wont like it for the same reasons I like it. It's never been a job I would want, because regardless of whos at the helm, there will be an amount of moaning buggers slating what someone has tried to make enjoyable and readable. I shall as usual be keeping up my subscription. Regarding the aforementioned new blood thing, let's be honest, how easy is it to get someone interested in any underpowered, slow, classic vehicle , whether it be scooters, bikes, hgv's, tractors etc? Good luck with that one. cheers,Speedy.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I'd agree with that.
Frankly if we're being honest 99% of scooterists don't really care that much about 'young blood' or even whether they have an investment in the price of their scooter.
Although to be fair I'd rather have 'young blood' than these patched up born agains/never were's that roll up in a car or a chinese scooter and strut about like they've always been a scooterist for the past 40 years!

I laugh at those scooterists who tell me that 'Lambretta prices will crash next year' after yet another retro TnG comes out, as it's missing the point.
A classic scooter has a soul all of it's own, I enjoy riding my X10 and driving my 2015 Beetle, but they are tools not a real 'personality' I care deeply for and am passionate about.
My Gp has got me thousands of miles even when it's feeling poorly (or I am!) by simply promising it an oil change and a nice wash or that new MB part it's been dreaming about -you can't make offers like that to a ting tong plastic fantastico even if you could speak Mandarin!

The last 2 issues of scootering have actually made me re-consider having a subscription -despite the fact they short change me every year by not delivering one or more copies typically when I do!
Architecten
Main scooter: Allwyn Pushpak GP125 (RT200)

The last 2 issues have been excellent. I particularly enjoyed the piece on Fred Willingham, especially the photos of his scooter turned into a colander....!
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i used to read it bit by bit over a week or two but with all the new ideas and tech stuff i cant put it down even on afriday when its fish and chip night :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information