Running a Standard TV 175 S3

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lamaddict

alcoholic maniacs sc wrote:standard bikes are great when they have been unmolested. the tv175 was and is designed to provide reliable all day transport when treated correctly in a very competitive 60's market place. why wouldnt it be reliable.
everybody got used to constant maintenance and waiting for the problem on tuned scooters.
nobody questions the p200's ability to run like a swiss watch forever do they?.
my campaign bike at the moment is an a bog standard innocenti gp 200. last of build 1970 model, with a 19 tooth front sprocket and a casa electronic stator plate and 12 volt bulbs. its so torquey with its standard exhaust it pulls fourth strongly while whitelining traffic on the way to work. i reckon part of the secret is the standard innocenti exhaust. it actually losses torque and top end with a big bore. seemsto pull fine from 1000 rpm up in fourth.
Totally agree with you in the standard exhaust. My DL200 E that's totally standard, again with the original exhaust like my TV175. It all reminds me of people putting Simoni's onto Vespa's in the early 80's, they thought they were going faster but they just sounded like they were, same as some Clubmans now on certain set ups. I ran a Clubman on a standard TV175 and it was definitely a lot slower.

I'm getting far more happiness from standard scoots than ever before. The only problem is it stops me tinkering in the garage as all my scoots just kick off and run now.
watto66

It's fascinating lovely bikes TV,s I've been using a LI series 2 with a series 2 TV 175 barrel on it bike pretty much original it absolutely flies along it'll do 60ish all day I've used it to commute and taken it on rallies .
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Yup TV 175 is a lovely ride , here's my original paint one :D G.

cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Lovely example!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information