TSR DJ Exhaust

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Grant McLachlan
Main scooter: Indian GP RT 225

Hi looking for some user experience of the TSR DJ lambretta exhaust, bang for buck, performance, build quality etc. My motor is an RT195 I quite like the look of them but hey ! looks shouldn't be the only consideration right ?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Best ask about fitment issues too!
Donnie.
shocky

Donnie wrote:Best ask about fitment issues too!
I borrowed one couldnt fit footboards and the bottom of the panel needed trimming I could have modified it to fit but it wasnt mine not sure of its origin
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Hi Grant, I had an original one back in the eighties if you recall? Not sure if the TSR DJ is the same, but my rear floorboards were cut down, I.e. Only 5" long, to accommodate the exhaust.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Looking at SSCs web site, they seem to say as much, and indeed sell the modified rear runners. My DJ didn't have the tail can support, and eventually cracked around the main mount.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Back then Dave Webster made two expansions. One he called the 2 and a quarter inch muffler one and the other the vw tailpipe one. I had the vw one because that was for full panelwork and the one that there are copies of now was designed for no rear floor boards and possibly a trimmed offside panel.cheers, Speedy.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

You should only need to trim the rear footboard.
It should clear the panel. There is so little info on these pipes.
I did ask TSR about there's and they said they have had no issues and they have sold 100s of them.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

soosh wrote: I did ask TSR about there's and they said they have had no issues and they have sold 100s of them.
Noooooo Surely not?? :D :D :D

Got the same spiel from them myself on the issues ive had with the tsr evo!
Donnie.
Grant McLachlan
Main scooter: Indian GP RT 225

Sorry about the late response to my question I've been a little distracted with work the past couple of weeks. I was hoping that the TSR DJ might give a decent performance coupled with nostalgic looks. I was expecting to have to trim the rear foot board but the uncertainty of other clearance issues concerns me. It is for a full frame scooter and I want to keep the cutting and trimming to a minimum. Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Their website states you may need to trim the rear runner slightly which is normal. I'd say it will fit fine by the look of it.
I'd go for it at that price. Their site says dyno printout to be uploaded shortly but I think that's been on there for ages.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information