insurance assessors

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Shuggie

Had the misfortune to come off my Vespa on the way to Whitby , just had the insurance assessor round to view the scoot , 03 plate PX200 one owner 20,000 kms , full service history, excellent condition for its age , well it was pre accident lol

guy said he had done a bit of homework before coming and the top book price was around £350 .....yip 350 quid, is it just me or I have ventured into some sort of time warp? I'd laugh but my ribs are still broken!!!!
Arfur
Playstation gamer tag: hulkascooby

He's at it mate direct him to the ad's in Scootering as an indication of prices for these machines. What insurance company is it?
Shuggie

I think he bought scootering last month and used the free reprint from the 90's that came with it lol Ageas insurance arranged via carole Nash
eden
Dealer

Shuggie wrote:I think he bought scootering last month and used the free reprint from the 90's that came with it lol

:lol:

See Dan Ian was right lmao.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I'd have pushed him as to where he got this figure?
Shuggie

He said glass's guide etc......actually went onto Facebook on my phone onto the vespa for sale page snd first post was for a px200 engine at 700 quid, just told him to look on ebay , facebook, or scootering before coming back to me with an offer, tbh think I'm more annoyed that he had the brass neck to say it , I will be offering to buy any vespa's or lambretta's that they have scrapped tho if that's their valuations pmsl
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Before jumping on the assessor Im wondering what category did he say it was and what damage is done to the scooter?

Better if you have a picture?
Donnie.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Better if you have an agreed value policy. :idea:
Did you have to do that?
coaster

Donnie had a point but if it helps, I bought an 03 PX200 2 years ago off ebay with superficial accident damage but minus engine and I paid £650 for it delivered from the Midland to Norfolk. His offer is way off imho, Glasses Guide gives trade prices, not general market prices.
Shuggie

Donnie, the 350 book price was the value he quoted for pre accident condition!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information