Scomadi

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

The GTS aside, which is a tank anyway, there isn't a modern Vespa that a man can sit on and feel... well, manly.
Muttley McLadd

Let's face it, Piaggio don't give a flyingfuck what fifty year old, overweight, British men think.
CakeAndArseParty
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Muttley McLadd wrote:Let's face it, Piaggio don't give a flyingfuck what fifty year old, overweight, British men think.
And they still buy them!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

I think we should appreciate the scooters for what the are.
Personal opinion only
the EFL looks weren't appreciated In its day , yet it was my and many other rally/shopping work horse during the 90. Like it or not it kept the rally scene going for many years. If the scomadi was around then I would probably have been riding one.
I don't ride one or intend to own a scomadi because I have 2x 50 year old classics and a car.

As a man of middle aged years, what wrong with a sexy fat arse. As every chef will tell you it's the fat that gives the flavour.
DigDug

Muttley McLadd wrote:Let's face it, Piaggio don't give a flyingfuck what fifty year old, overweight, British men think.
Indeed, and why would they given the amount of kit they sell on the mainland.
Did you have to do that?
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

DigDug wrote:
Indeed, and why would they given the amount of kit they sell on the mainland.
Well, this is true. I visit Livorno every year, and the typical Vespa rider is female, early 20s, and is usually wearing a small dress and 4" heels, and can be extremely distracting.

Most 50 yr old Italian men have progressed to cars.
DigDug

Can you recommend a good hotel or apartment? ;)
Did you have to do that?
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

EddieStone wrote:
DigDug wrote: I visit Livorno every year, and the typical Vespa rider is female, early 20s, and is usually wearing a small dress and 4" heels, and can be extremely distracting.
Italy

GB

DigDug

Paris

Did you have to do that?
oneday

London is the same, all autos but to be fair who wants to ride a geared scoot around town day in day out in that sort of traffic?

Think we sometimes lose track of what scoots were designed for. Were they were designed to be around town shopping bikes not to be tuned to death and covered in chrome :mrgreen:

There was a stand selling Scomadi at Sandford and imho they look even worse close up, just wrong on lots of levels and struggle to see how they can be marketed in the same bracket as geared lambrettas. Not 100% sure who they have truly been designed for, certainly not round town types, not commuters or 50 year old grumpy scooterists and I guess it cost a fortune to design, manufacture and markets these things so somebody has got a lot to lose if things don't work out. At least they tried.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information