Once it's in print......there's no edit facility!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I've lost track of how many times I've written something on Facebook and/or on here, posted it...and the re-read it later on and spotted a simple mistake.

Well that's no problem, just click the old 'edit' button and the jobs sorted!

Lol.......received my copy of Scootering today, it's the first edition I've been totally responsible for, and given the circumstances and time frame I had to work in I was very pleased to get the magazine to press bang on time.

But Sod's law, as I open this months mag (Subscribers get theirs today, newsstand next Thursday) I was flicking through it all and straightaway I spotted a bloody typo! I was well pissed off....lol.

The sentence should read: '.....GP mudguard and S2 legshields....' However I've written GP mudguard and GP legshields......right next to the picture of the obvious S2 legshields......lol, I was mortified when I saw it.

It's always the case when isn't it, just when you want everything to go right, some minor details sticks out like a sore thumb and cocks it up for you! Lol

Oh well, that error aside, I must say I'm really pleased with the overall result, I hope you all like the few new additions and changes I've made so far, and rest assured that continued development is ongoing each month. I look forward to feedback on here.....just try not to be too harsh on my first edition ;)

Regards

Dan :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Am stood behind the door waiting for it...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
drunkmunkey6969

rosscla wrote:Am stood behind the door waiting for it...
Lol.....just flick past the noted error above, nothing to see here, move along!

Lol. I hope you enjoy the 'bagged freebie' we included too ;)

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

Mine has just landed , looks like an interesting issue , keep up the good work.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
drunkmunkey6969

fairspares wrote:Mine has just landed , looks like an interesting issue , keep up the good work.
Cheers, it's just the start, made the changes a could manage within the deadline timeframe.....more to come.

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Pfft ... Postie, been no comic ... :cry:

Must take longer to get to the far north...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
sean brady scooters
Dealer

lol, dont be to harsh on yourself matey ,never seen a scooter magazine or related book yet that didnt have some typo errors in it ...
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Yanker

sean brady scooters wrote:lol, dont be to harsh on yourself matey ,never seen a scooter magazine or related book yet that didnt have some typo errors in it ...
Arny won fracturally chequed thee Webstar Tuening Manuele fore evidunce two coagulate fish aisicion? :D
Argentopercarter

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Oh well, that error aside, I must say I'm really pleased with the overall result, I hope you all like the few new additions and changes I've made so far, and rest assured that continued development is ongoing each month. I look forward to feedback on here.....just try not to be too harsh on my first edition ;)

Until now I preferred it in it's Weston guise.

Got too slick, corporate.

Judgment reserved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information