ACF 50 rust killer

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
sydduckett

Its reviewed in this months scootering, has anyone used it and know where you can get small quantities? In the blurb it says it can last up to a year? Does it not wash off or come off if used on a part that is open to the elements. I have had my forks chfomed and have noticed rust where the metal laps over on the top of the boot (lLI) :twisted: i cant really get to it with anything abrasive as id mark the chrome surrounding it so this stuff sounds ideal as it will stop it where it is and protect the chrome at the same time...... I hope
ducksta

I spray it in the cap lid and drop my nuts bolts washers in it when building a scoot and they stay bright so happy with it
live life your a long time dead
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Aye, good stuff, I spray a little then rub it over and further with a rag, I had similar problem with my chrome forks and dampers, never troubled again.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Buy it on eBay....I thought Scootering reviewed it a few years back? The Americans use it on their aircraft carriers supposedly. Brilliant stuff..
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Yes it's excellent stuff, ebay or a local motorcycle shop will have it.
matthew

Does anyone know of it's heat resistant qualities? Could it be used on an exhaust to prevent corrosion or would it burn off?
sydduckett

I looked at a video on u-tube with the guy applying to a motor bike, he seemed to think you could wash it and apply polish and it wouldn't affect it or come off?
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

ducksta wrote:I spray it in the cap lid and drop my nuts bolts washers in it when building a scoot and they stay bright so happy with it
I quite like to use moisturiser on my nuts. :o
Did you have to do that?
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Excellent stuff, even turns your brakes into ABS if you get a bit of overspill on your discs! :D
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I concur......M&P sell it cheapest I think ...but its only a couple of mile away so correct me if I`m wrong and you can get it cheaper elsewhere ......
its not a pleasure going there ... :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information