WARNING Major update

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Daggs

I bought a Lambretta kit from Willenhall scooters, it cost me £105. It never arrived. The tracking showed clearly the courier was lost and he/she made a decision to leave it on someone's doorstep, not mine,
Despite this eBay ruled in favour of the seller (in 24hrs) as did Paypal (who at least took a few days to get it wrong)
eBay then removed the negative feedback I left.

The same kit is available from the well known scooter dealers. I thought I was getting it cheap, It's turned out to be an expensive mistake.
Last edited by Daggs on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

so much for Ebays claim that "they will make sure you get what you've bought" or words to that effect..........................

Bay seem a waste of time as do Paypal.

Andy, how did you pay for the item? Was the cost debited to your Credit Card following payment via Paypal? If so you MAY have a claim against the credit card company- its worth taking it up with the CC coy if payment was made from your C/C to Paypal to the seller.

No doubt you will vote with your wallet in future when it comes to Willenhall.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Daggs

Hi Chris, I paid via Paypal, which takes funds straight from my bank account. So as far as I can see the money is lost, unless I use the 'small claims court' I haven't yet investigated that route, but I would be loathe to pay out even more money only to be ruled against again.
weeks

Taking I have understood everything that you have wrote correctly, Surely the courier should take the lions share of responsibility here ?

If the parcel was trusted to a courier company then I take it the parcel had to be signed for ?

I would not be happy either :x ......................... sympathy fella :cry:
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I always tie in my C/C to any payment to a 3rd party as you then have some rights against the CC Company as they are party to the "deal" The CC Coy will always try to turn any claim aside but legally they are obliged to "chargeback" the debit to the 3rd party and reimburse your Card. (subject to a minimum spend- £100 I think)

Unfortunately as your payment came direct from your Bank A/C no such protection exists so basically you can only seek redress through the "goodwill" of Willenhall (!!) or through the small claims.

I would certainly change the payment method on your PayPal A/C so that it flows from your C/C initially.

As Ebay have sided with a trader who employed a Courier who left it at another address beggars belief IMO.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Daggs

weeks wrote:Taking I have understood everything that you have wrote correctly, Surely the courier should take the lions share of responsibility here ?

If the parcel was trusted to a courier company then I take it the parcel had to be signed for ?

I would not be happy either :x ......................... sympathy fella :cry:

Your spot-on pal. Willenhall gave the parcel to Hermes. Hermes clearly couldn't find my house and the courier made the decision to leave the parcel at a house in a "safe place". That house wasn't mine and a "safe place" doesn't exist at the front of my house.
I have never seen the parcel let alone signed for it. The courier, by their own tacit admission did not attempt to get a signature.
Despite all this, eBay and now Paypal have both ruled in favour of Willenhall.

The unfortunate thing is, I believe Willenhall did despatch the goods. The error was with Hermes. However, my contract was with Willenhall. How they got the goods to me is their affair. Willenhall should have reimbursed me (or sent another kit) and should then claim against Hermes.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I bought an iPhone listed as new off Ebay and when it arrived it was used as it had music and photos on it. I complained to the seller who ignored me so opened a case but Ebay ruled against me so I sent them a very rude email full of expletives, within a day I was refunded the full amount. As for couriers, I ordered some parts from MB midweek to finish a scoot at the weekend. DPD sent me a text saying Jason would deliver on the Friday so my daughter stayed in to sign for the parcel which never turned up. I tracked it and it said it was rejected at 11:50 am. I was off on the Monday when my parts finally turned up so I gave Jason a piece of my mind.
coaster

I wonder if there has been a change of policy at Ebay as they were very good at refunding providing you did all the correspondence through the dispute system. I have had a few disputes settled with a full re-fund and have one going through at the moment which is being settled via the supply of a replacement engine unit for a brush cutter that I bought recently. That has been delivered today 8-)
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Yeah, think there was a long thread about willenhall and their shite a wee while ago.
Donnie.
squeakmillward

My Hermes just stuck a card through my door saying your parcel has been left at the back door! WTF! good job my daughter was in as she read the card opened back door and it was there in plain sight to anyone walking past A complete joke of a company :-(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information