WARNING Major update

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

iMO the blame lays mostly at the sellers door. I have used Hermes and you get the option for it being signed and insured sound to me they took the cheap option. Saying that the Hermes courier should not of left it elsewhere without prior instruction eBay have this wrong this is yet another reason I hate ebay
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

Have to agree with all that has been said so far, I ve just had an annoying dispute with E bay/paypal myself, sent off for an item in America Aug 31, the seller email saying item has been dispatched on sept 8th,ok so Bank holidays etc expect a bit of a delay in post,16th September I was opening a case with paypal as no item no correspondence at all, they ve taken all details etc and furthered the dispute etc...............ALL FOR NOTHING ....they ve taken the sellers side, so lesson learnt ok the item was nt costly Ican live without BUT the principle of what if it was PRICEY. So paypal my friend cannot wait to receive your e mail as to HOW WELL HAVE WE DONE.....Im sure you can guess my reply gents.... 8-)
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

100% couriers fault Hermes are w***kers at best,I bought something from a supplier and as I wasn't in Hermes decided the safe place was the bin outside!.I had to empty the friggin bin as before I found out thats where they'd put it I'd put a load of rubbish in it as it was being emptied next day.Since then if I want something I ask who they use as a courier if they say Hermes I don't buy sooner or later maybe folks will cotton on and dump these crap couriers when nobody buys their parts.As for Willenhall I used to buy from them but when I heard they use Hermes I stopped.
the man don't give a f@@k
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I use Hermes if I send something, never had a problem so far and part of what they offer is to make 3 attempts at delivery.....allegedly....... :?
ArmandTanzarian

My wife used to use Hermes for her business (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Frockasaurus). They were cheap and collected from the house. Then they did exactly what happened to the original poster.

A customer didn't get their dress and when she checked, Hermes had left it in a "safe" place. Specifically a porch. Not sure whose porch though since the customer lived in a row of terrace houses that opened directly onto the street.

Now she walks to the post office. It costs a bit more but its more likely to arrive and is insured just in case it doesn't.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

You can appeal any Pay-Pal decision with them and they can be persuaded to change their ruling (I had a £400 dispute settled in my favour after an initial rejection). I would urge you to do so its simple and reasonably speedy and if it fails you should go after Willenhall through the small claims court. Willenhall has your money and He is the responsible party. his problem is with the courier and what he does about that is his business but he will continue to use them if he can palm you off and others like you without addressing your grievances.
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Sorry to hear about the OP's experience with Willenhall, not good!

Just to clarify the point that using Paypal via your credit card will give you the usual protection - in nearly all cases, that's not true I'm afraid:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit ... -Section75
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
Daggs

diesel wrote:You can appeal any Pay-Pal decision with them and they can be persuaded to change their ruling (I had a £400 dispute settled in my favour after an initial rejection). I would urge you to do so its simple and reasonably speedy and if it fails you should go after Willenhall through the small claims court. Willenhall has your money and He is the responsible party. his problem is with the courier and what he does about that is his business but he will continue to use them if he can palm you off and others like you without addressing your grievances.
I have contacted Paypal and complained about their decision (haven't heard back yet)

I was contemplating the small claims court. My concern is i'll have to pay up more money to make the case. If I then lose, my financial loss increases.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

small claims is about £30 online, no other costs.
Donnie.
Daggs

Cor stone me. I've been chasing eBay, Paypal, Hermes and Willenhall now for weeks on this issue, to be honest I was getting to the end of my tether with it and ready to give up.
This afternoon I have had a 'phone call, direct from Willenhall. A guy called 'Seb' I think he runs the business. He said he is upset at my loss and wants to offer a compromise deal. (bearing in mind it was Hermes who f**cked up)
He is willing to send me a replacement kit for £25.
I've told him this is a magnanimous gesture and I accept. If this comes to pass,? It restores my faith in Willenhall, though not in eBay or Paypal.

I'll keep this thread updated with events.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information