WARNING Major update

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Daggs
I totally belive you and believe you are an honest man.

Different perspective.
I get lots of couriers in my yard dropping off, also various bits of ebay etc for my scooters.

The couriers i speak with are either employed or self employed, very busy, stressed, deadlines etc. sometimes it just drop it where you can and get to the next drop. I have left a not at work on the depot doors instructing them to leave equipment boxes etc unsigned as we need it and are usually out working. My yard is reasonably rural and not many people enter it so the goods are relatively safe.
At home i have found thing in / around the dustbin or outside the front door. Most annoying but pocklington is relativelly crime free so no major drama really.

However how many parcels have been dropped off unsigned and the recipients have got them but thought..... Hmmm i havent signed for this...... The suppliers sont know i have got it. I will deny having ever recieved it. Then i wont have to pay.

Used to happen regular where i lived in york with people buying catalogue stuff.

Perhaps thats why some suppliers or couriers are wary of just giving a new product or refund.

Robbie
Daggs

wrecklessrobbie wrote:
However how many parcels have been dropped off unsigned and the recipients have got them but thought..... Hmmm i havent signed for this...... The suppliers sont know i have got it. I will deny having ever recieved it. Then i wont have to pay.

Used to happen regular where i lived in york with people buying catalogue stuff.

Perhaps thats why some suppliers or couriers are wary of just giving a new product or refund.

Robbie
That was mentioned in the conversation with Seb. But I'm not a business, I'm just a retired feller who likes restoring scooters.
Therefore i have stuff delivered here from time to time and I pay upfront through Paypal or on my debit card. I have used Willenhall before without problems. As I said from the beginning of the issue. I believe Willenhall sent the goods, but Hermes failed to deliver to the correct address. What's more Seb (if not before) now believes I never recieved the goods. Hence his offer to re-send at a cost of £25 to me. He is losing out as am I. The culprit seems to be getting away scot free.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Daggs
I deliberatly said i believe you and accept your story.

I just like to work on my scooters as well. And rely on couriers and deliveries.

Unfortunately not everyone is honest. As a result we tend to suffer.

I have used willenhall. I have had no problems. I dont buy critical engine parts however.

I think you have been unlucky. I hope you get sorted by willenhall.

Robbie
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Its no consolation when your expensive item goes missing, but quite frankly I pity the delivery drivers of this world if that's the best job they can get. Most are self employed these days, running their own vehicles and paying their own diesel and insurance. It's a cut throat industry running on the tightest of margins.

You wanna deliver for 45pence an item? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otice.html
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
ArmandTanzarian

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Its no consolation when your expensive item goes missing, but quite frankly I pity the delivery drivers of this world if that's the best job they can get. Most are self employed these days, running their own vehicles and paying their own diesel and insurance. It's a cut throat industry running on the tightest of margins.

You wanna deliver for 45pence an item? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otice.html
A guy I know does it for a chain of shops. Terrible job, up at 4 AM, works until 2 and then has to hang around until the afternoon pick ups begin again. Self employed (even though he only works for a single company) so no holiday pay, sick pay or pension. His brother was sacked after a parcel went missing even though there was no evidence it had ever been on his van in the first place and all of his regular customers signed a petition asking the company to take him back.

Rather them than me.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

These days I check who the courier is, and more often than not request Royal Mail as the depot is close to where I work. Last week I had a parcel delivered by DPD who offered the option of collecting from a local shop. In this case it was a local pharmacy who open til 8.30pm. Received texts saying when and where it was delivered and had to show the messages to get my parcel. Felt a bit odd going into a pharmacy to get a parcel but it worked really well. Better than a 100 mile round trip to collect from their depot.

I'd try and claim off the courier company, or call Willenhall and see what they say. Chances are they can afford to lose the £100 (or rather, the £40 or so profit) more than you can.
shocky

I used to be a delivery driver for DPD and I can tell you its more stressful than facing taliban insergents in Iraq !! and I s**t you not
if sending or reciving you need to read what the delivery /collection policy is , if you cheapskate with herpes no signarure is required to deliver ,for another £1 its signed for ,also I ALWAYS have mine delivered to a local coop and have never had anything go missing even when a signature isnt required
All DPD parcels are tracked every parcel has 6 pictures taken of it at the sorting hub and there scan guns give a gps fix when the item is delivered all vans are gps tracked and a trace is recorded , you can track a van in real time to within 15 mins of your location they also have the delivery options 1-4 for mobile or email notifications so you can cancel a delivery leave with neighbours etc , you can leave a note inside or outside as long as its visible to leave in a safe place the driver will retain this or if inside take a picture with his scanning gun and then a further picture of your house from the pavement all this is proof of delivery the picture bit is the same if he cant deliver as well this proves he was at your delivery address and again gives a gps fix
on a side note the DPD drivers who are owner driver franchise (self employed ) have to pay 17k a year for the van the fuel office support servicing and the livery (2013 costs) and have to pay a minimum of 100 gbp per day when they are on holiday to DPD , you cannot buy your own van or any other support yourself if your ODF
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Daggs

Guys, just to bring this issue to an end:
Today a replacement kit has arrived. It was delivered successfully by 'parcel force 24'. I then sent Willenhall £25 as agreed.
Despite my frustration, anger and disappointment within all of this. I feel it only fair to reiterate, Hermes were the problem and you should feel safe dealing with Willenhall. Just insist on your choice of courier.
As far as I am concerned the matter is closed to my satisfaction. ...Andy...
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

A satisfactory result then - good work.
I have to say that DPD are excellent - text to give you a 1hr timeslot and always on time.
Herpes - awful - my wife has had stuff left on the doorstep and in the wheelie bin many times. Awful.
Argentopercarter

I don't know whether this applies to all Herpes deliveries but in my area the parcels are dropped off at a part time local agent's home who then delivers them. Mine is a woman who lives in the next street, she probably only gets pennies for each parcel but is reliable (and attractive) and uses the usual hand held device to capture a signature. She also delivers for the likes of Next.

Yodel recently threw a parcel over my side gates and left a note through the door; fortunately it was not fragile or raining!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information