Scomadi 200?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Revvers
Main scooter: Lambretta special

Sorry if in the wrong section, but now Scomadi have had to drop the 300cc engine option, are they still worth buying?? Appreciate that it's a Auto, but, if buying something brand new, would it not be better to buy a 200cc Lml or Vesp??
a.j

I doubt they'll be much difference. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the '300' only a 270 cc or something?
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Depends if you're after a manual or an auto. If it's a manual, the LML is your only (new) option, but if you want an auto then there's a lot more choice.

(btw, I know several people who have the LML 200 and they reckon it's a cracking scooter)
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
Revvers
Main scooter: Lambretta special

I was just wondering where the Scomadi sits now? Bigger engine,get a Gts. 200cc,get a lml or px200??
An Lml 200 is £2299!! Commute bargain??
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Personally, I couldn't live with the looks of the modern Vespas, but of course, each to his own.

The PX200 is getting on a bit, and a good one won't be cheap. If you can get past the lack of 2T ring-a-ding-ding, get the LML 200. I'm seriously tempted myself, having heard from a lot of owners over the summer, including the guy who rode his coast-to-coast across the USA.
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
YAMLAM

why have they had to drop the 300 engine ?
win or lose have a booze
kejj

Guess Piagio dropped them when they advertised that the scomadi 300 was faster than the Vespa 300.

In iron Lambretta cylinders we trust!
mickymidas
Main scooter: Vespa Rally /P200

Have had my LML 200 4T for about a month now, very impressed , but still not used to the lawnmower engine sound & keep thinking it has stalled at lights/junctions :)
A few teething troubles , ( under jetted , & clutch cable lasted 9 kms :o ) but my local dealer was desperate for a sale so got £100 off & a rear carrier & sidestand thrown in .
Then 2 weeks later they came down in price £200 anyway :?
Also 2 years interest free & 3 years warranty ( which only covers non wearable parts it seems , which don't leave much :D )

Worth serious consideration I reckon.... BTW my mate has had his 12 months , & they are £500 cheaper than this time last year :o
2Ronnies sc.......Chuckleism is the way forward
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

YAMLAM wrote:why have they had to drop the 300 engine ?
They built something like 30 hand built in Britain bikes that were numbered and cost around £8000 which Piaggio provided the engines for. Then it seems Piaggio found out that they were going into production of a Chinese produced vehicle with the gts 300 engine, so they refused to sell them any more engines. Lets face it, the only rival the gts would have , would be a scomadi. So bad business sense to sell them engines. I can see Scomadi struggling with sales now, as they have been hyping up the release of the 300 to potential customers and now the biggest offering will be a 200. Think this will be off putting to many, as the main thing that many 4 stroke auto buyer wants is cubic capacity. And lets face it the Chinese have never been noted for the quality build of their products. :roll:
ArmandTanzarian

speedy wrote:
YAMLAM wrote:why have they had to drop the 300 engine ?
They built something like 30 hand built in Britain bikes that were numbered and cost around £8000 which Piaggio provided the engines for. Then it seems Piaggio found out that they were going into production of a Chinese produced vehicle with the gts 300 engine, so they refused to sell them any more engines. Lets face it, the only rival the gts would have , would be a scomadi. So bad business sense to sell them engines. I can see Scomadi struggling with sales now, as they have been hyping up the release of the 300 to potential customers and now the biggest offering will be a 200. Think this will be off putting to many, as the main thing that many 4 stroke auto buyer wants is cubic capacity. And lets face it the Chinese have never been noted for the quality build of their products. :roll:
Something with a bit more capacity would have been nice but I think they'll live or die on quality and price. Chinese bikes and scooters have a reputation that makes Indian built stuff seem positively reliable. A bloke at work bought a Chinese motorbike and bits would literally drop off as he rode it. The fasteners were more like cheese than steel and when he stripped it down, none of the wheel bearings etc had any grease on them.

Another mate has stuff manufactured in China. He found that they'd agree a specification and price and then the buggers would quietly substitute cheaper components as soon as his back was turned.

I wish Scomadi well. They've put up a lot of their own money and it would be nice to see an alternative to the GTS out there.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information