Good Experiences with Dealers/Tuners?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Seiotoshi
Main scooter: GP225

I posted this a couple of weeks ago on the Lambretta Street Racer Facebook page, but thought I'd share it with a wider audience.

So often we hear about dealers and tuners that give poor service to their customers, well I would like to do the opposite give some praise for outstanding service. I would like to give the legend that is Ron Moss a mention. I'm a proud and happy owner of one of Ron's Avanti TT3 kits. Over the past couple of years Ron has always been there on the phone for me, happy to give advice any time. I've always been welcome in the workshop where Ron will happily impart his knowledge and wisdom regardless of how busy he is. He's given up many hours of his time for no charge, and a couple of weeks ago he spent most of the day dialing in my jetting to get me ready for a trip to Italy, only to refuse any kind of payment. Ron is rightly proud of his products and workmanship, and always takes it personally if you have any problems with his kits. Ron you are a top tuner and always put customer service first.

I'm interested to hear about other people's positive experiences. Anybody else want to share any GOOD experiences?

By the way, I don't get any endorsements from Ron, I just think he is a top guy and deserves some credit.
sydduckett

Seiotoshi wrote:I posted this a couple of weeks ago on the Lambretta Street Racer Facebook page, but thought I'd share it with a wider audience.

So often we hear about dealers and tuners that give poor service to their customers, well I would like to do the opposite give some praise for outstanding service. I would like to give the legend that is Ron Moss a mention. I'm a proud and happy owner of one of Ron's Avanti TT3 kits. Over the past couple of years Ron has always been there on the phone for me, happy to give advice any time. I've always been welcome in the workshop where Ron will happily impart his knowledge and wisdom regardless of how busy he is. He's given up many hours of his time for no charge, and a couple of weeks ago he spent most of the day dialing in my jetting to get me ready for a trip to Italy, only to refuse any kind of payment. Ron is rightly proud of his products and workmanship, and always takes it personally if you have any problems with his kits. Ron you are a top tuner and always put customer service first.

I'm interested to hear about other people's positive experiences. Anybody else want to share any GOOD experiences?

By the way, I don't get any endorsements from Ron, I just think he is a top guy and deserves some credit.
I can only but agree, he is super helpful and knows his onions. He has sorted my RB avanti head for me after I took out a wee bit to much metal when fitting a temp sensor.

Top man
eden
Dealer

Andy Francis
AF
Disco Dez
Gran Sport
Grantorismo
just Lambretta
robbospeed
reedspeed
Scoot forever

Cant comment on tuners as I do all my own but the list above are the "dealers" I buy from, I only buy from people who are down to earth and listen/react well to complaints.

I could make a much longer list of dealers I have used in the past but will never use again lol,

Disclaimer: if your not on the list above it doesn't mean you are on the never use again list, it probably means I have not yet dealt with you :)
jason frost
Dealer

eden wrote:Andy Francis
AF
Disco Dez
Gran Sport
Grantorismo
just Lambretta
robbospeed
reedspeed
Scoot forever

Cant comment on tuners as I do all my own but the list above are the "dealers" I buy from, I only buy from people who are down to earth and listen/react well to complaints.

I could make a much longer list of dealers I have used in the past but will never use again lol,

Disclaimer: if your not on the list above it doesn't mean you are on the never use again list, it probably means I have not yet dealt with you :)
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I would agree with that list but add Shawfire Lambretta and Oiltek to the list.
eden
Dealer

jason frost wrote:
eden wrote:Andy Francis
AF
Disco Dez
Gran Sport
Grantorismo
just Lambretta
robbospeed
reedspeed
Scoot forever

if you was a carp you would have more holes in your mouth than a colander LOL :D

And of course ABSOLUTLEY SCOOTERS AND SON :) among other things, the best paint and fabrication in the country 8-)

Edit: and in any case I did say BUY from not sponge off and I have never had to complain to you so I duno how arsey you get :lol:

Tractorman wrote:I would agree with that list but add Shawfire .
Not used Warren yet but yes hes a good lad so fully expect hes good to deal with. :)
scooterslag

I've never used a tuner as I've always run pretty Standard set ups but for spares
Scootopia
Scooter Restorations
MB developments

If I had to just choose one then Scootopia by a country mile, I mean who else would have the courage to bring out their own version of a 22mm Delorto, Rear Hub etc etc and not only are these bits excellent quality but sensibly priced as well - brilliant 8-)
The mack daddy on the left!
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Plenty good experiences with parts suppliers (and a few bad!)... the notable good ones for me are;

Beedspeed
Buzz
Jockey's
Just Lambretta
Scootopia
Scooter Restorations
Scooter & Service
SCK
SIP

I'm not confident enough yet to delve into engine building/tuning myself - so I send all my engines to the lads @ Scooterotica in Ripon, who I have nothing but praise for...
shocky

Scootopia
justlambretta
scooter resos
beedspeed (others will disagree)
SIP
SCOOTER CENTER
Mid atlantic trials inthe USA for oko carb spares
Racing planet for koso/stage 6 parts and many other auto parts ( I would genuinely use these guys for everything if they stocked it )
rimini lambretta (
Others ive used but wont use again mainly due to how expensive they are or attitude or simply there failure to repond to emails or phone calls
camlam (upto 50% more expensive on some items examples are gori exhast nearly £100 more and lightened rear sprocket £30 more )
AF ( dont respond to emails its all very well you saying call but tried that without success and when you teying to order stuff from a dusty iraq city satphones cost $10 a minute )
PM tuning (list is endless)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
eden
Dealer

AF are ok if call them at the right time of day!

bit silly phoning them for Lambretta bits when your in a war zone and a bit pointless as I doubt very much you was on your Lambretta in a dusty Iraq city anyway so why the urgency? Surely you could have wrote them a nice letter explaining your situation.

Agreed its pointless emailing them though, they do respond but the response is just from someone in admin who has no idea what your asking for so they just tell you to phone instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information