Scootering mag Apologies

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dirtyhandslopez

If a copy happens to turn up here, it's a 1/2 day off work, get the beers in and make sure there are plenty of rizla's about. That way they can be read five times and still not remember what was in 'em ;) , they never get boring...
That's not going anywhere...
mickymidas
Main scooter: Vespa Rally /P200

As an old bloke & rally going scooterist i feel fully qualified to add my thoughts on the issue....

If any person is not feeling the love for a magazine/ rally / type of scooter/ type of attire /genre of music,blah blah blah, then they should stop whingeing about it to those of us who don't give a toss what they think and F**k off and do something else with people they like .......simples : :D
2Ronnies sc.......Chuckleism is the way forward
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Whats the point of having a forum,if all you can do is praise and give a positive view of everything.North Korea springs to mind and I also remember they tried something similar in Soviet Russia.
I dont read and never have read a scooter mag,but if you do and you have a ligitimate reason to criticize a part or all of the magazine then its your prerogative,its called free speach.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Not read all the posts to be honest, but get the general drift. Just my ten penneth worth, here you go. If you don't know any of the scootering team at rallies, just look for someone with a proper type of camera. You know the sort, big with a huge lens and say, '' Who are you then ,mate?'' Cause magazine editors and/ or staff don't use their phones to take photos for magazines. Adverts in magazines may not meet the approval of everyone, but, they work and people buy products from the adverts in the magazines. Who buys the magazines?......US! I personally don't give a toss for an advert for a pair of black and white shoes [ Although I do like a good pair of shoes] , or a parka/ flight jacket, delete as appropriate, but somebody does. I like technical features about new stuff or tested stuff. How about that female rider, bog standard px200 that goes to lots of rallies. Buys good quality riding gear and dresses a bit lifestyley. Got her riding gear through the reviews in scootering by Ann and other members of the fairer sex. Buys clothes from places that advertise in the magazine. She don't give two hoots about the latest Lambretta safe hub, 5 speed gearbox, flat slide carb, better than the rest expansion system, but you dunna hear her crying. Trust me, as lifestyle magazines go, ours is very varied and far superiop in content to many out there, trust me, I've sat in a lot of doctors and hospitals and read the bloody things. Come on lads , dunna be so negative.cheers,Speedy. :)
eden
Dealer

Well said that man ;)
mickymidas

[quote="HxPaul"]Whats the point of having a forum,if all you can do is praise and give a positive view of everything.North Korea springs to mind and I also remember they tried something similar in Soviet Russia.
I dont read and never have read a scooter mag,but if you do and you have a ligitimate reason to criticize a part or all of the magazine then its your prerogative,its called free speach.[/quotS

Obviously free speech is a wonderful thing , but, after hearing the same old, same old moaning about cars on rallies/ auto vs geared scooters , parka's vs flight jackets & good and bad bits in Scootering it gets a bit wearing......Speedy has the right attitude , live & let live , each to his/her own .
Surely , riding to a rally,( on what ever you have to ride ) having a good time, and then riding home safely is what its all about .....HxPaul , seeing as you have never bought a scooter magazine , try it , you might like it , and may be pleasantly surprised at the amount of interesting content ( and adverts for all sorts of scene related stuff ) that is there.
Personally my yearly subscription to Scootering , is money well spent.

over & out :D
scooterslag

I went in to my local WH Smiths yesterday to see if Scootering was out, I found it in the usual spot and thought I'd give it a quick look through, it was ok, but for the first time in 25 years of buying it- I didn't, I'll probably buy the odd copy every now and then but I doubt if I'd be religiously buying it like I have done in the past. I'm not a rally going scooterist anymore and more than happy with the info etc I find on this forum and the LCGB site and my bi-monthly copy of Jetset. Paul
The mack daddy on the left!
ipman

:lol: balls
Last edited by ipman on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickymidas

I think you have missed my point young man........
ipman

Jizzed on?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information