lammy front end on a vespa

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

Is it at all possible to fit gp forks into my vespa frame witb out cuting and welding i would consider using gp handlebars if needs be cheers...... i have seen a vespa with a gp front end a few yrs ago in scootering
T5-190

I have fitted GP forks into a PK frame. The stem was way too short for one and the bearing race is too low. I had to put a spacer on the fork tube to bring the bottom bearing up by about 50mm. Otherwise the forks won't turn in the frame and the Vespa won't be level either. Interestingly the GP and PK forks have the same tube ID but a different OD.

soulboy

So that would be more or less the same route i would take with px frame then ...with them being threaded at the top i wonder if i could use my mk1t5 bars if the forks are long enough to take some off the top
T5-190

Its worth a try, just drop in the Lammy forks and have a look. I had to make a plate with two pins in it to get the lock to lock for the steering movement otherwise the lammy forks just spin in the frame nearly all the way round.

soulboy

Thanks for the help mate cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information