First scoot (Lambretta) which model is best for a newb?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

http://www.scooterotica.net/userimages/procart2.htm

The guys who run this have some projects for sale, maybe they could do an engine rebuild or whatever within your budget?
davla

If you want something to ride as opposed to a money pit project, buy a Series 3 (or Series 2) Li125, 125 Special or a GP125 that someone else has spent some money on and is on the road. You'll be surprised how much money you can spend on a Lambretta, even a half decent one. Once you've passed you're test you can upgrade the engine for some extra oomph or upgrade the whole scooter if you want something a bit fancier.
ipman

bristolmod wrote:
ipman wrote: bloody hell Lipman you do seem to have some sort of problem looking at all your postings. All we're trying to do is help a newbie with a bit of advice on scooters and you're taking on the whole world with your ramblings.
jesus christ chris,all I've done is ask you a few questions and your the one who has gone off on one about insurance :lol: you can troll me all you want but all I've done is question your logic ;)

do you change all your logbooks when you fit a larger cylinder?

do you declare all your performance mods to insurance?

is a 225cc lambretta reg as 200cc the same as a 200cc reg as a 125cc or a 125cc fitted with a 175cc kit,,,,,all the same chris :lol:

thats all ;)
britcay
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 S3

purple_pill67 wrote:http://www.scooterotica.net/userimages/procart2.htm

The guys who run this have some projects for sale, maybe they could do an engine rebuild or whatever within your budget?
Thanks mate that looks right up my street!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

It's not changing log books that's relevant it's telling the insurance company, and yes they know my GP200 is now a 225......everyone to their own.... :D
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Timbo wrote:It's not changing log books that's relevant it's telling the insurance company, and yes they know my GP200 is now a 225......everyone to their own.... :D
Mine too, just recently got new insurance and said which kit i have, upgraded shocks, inboard disc and jockeys headlight.
shocky

gnash.. wrote:anybody heard of any scooter riders who've had to sell their house to cover an insurance claim?
I'm guessing not....
Yes and lost his job his children and very nearly his life !!!
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

I listed every detail including stainless fixings and now the sip speedo and projector headlight DC conversion and battery ;)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
ipman

so your all telling me that you dont need to change your logbooks when you change the cc of your vehicle?

https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-detai ... ertificate

check this link before you answer :lol:
ipman

purple_pill67 wrote:
Timbo wrote:It's not changing log books that's relevant it's telling the insurance company, and yes they know my GP200 is now a 225......everyone to their own.... :D
Mine too, just recently got new insurance and said which kit i have, upgraded shocks, inboard disc and jockeys headlight.

so you could buy a 200cc lambretta reg as a 125cc and be legal?

there's a reason why alot of people wont add to this thread or try and answer my questions ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information