First scoot (Lambretta) which model is best for a newb?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
shocky

Personally it buy a vespa and take my test on it sell it after at a slight loss or even a profit if your lucky then it gives you far more choice of machine to choose from
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

dave411 wrote:I was in the same situation as you before I bought mine.Havent passed my bike test etc etc,so I bought an Li 125.I love it.But it was a bit slow,more so on hills,and we plenty of those in Wales.So,I decided to fit a 150 cylinder,head and 42 mm exhaust.Changed the jets in the carb to 150 ones,job done,only thing is,Its now ilegal :o :o
Your choice.
...and you are prepared for the consequences by declaring this on a public forum.....unbelievable!!!!

I am with Bristolmod all the way.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

If anyone thinks insurance company's don't monitor these forums then they are very naive. For a bit of a shunt they will probably just payout but something more serious they might just investigate in a bit more detail..... :shock:
ipman

get your foil hat off you spongebob :lol: insurance company's spying on people :lol:

I think its even funnier that bristolmod claims to be a good boy and advise's others about insurance on a tuning website :lol: come on guys,,who declares what again? :lol:

next the guy will come back and ask about kits for a li125,,,,answer,,nope sorry your not supposed to do that,,or why dont you get a 200cc engine instead,,mental
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

bristolmod wrote:personally I wouldn't go for a project or a bike that hasn't been registered at this stage.

There ARE bargains about which are already on the road being taxed MOT'd Registered etc- can save you a lot of time and grief. £3000 will get you a bike thats certainly half tidy and legal.

Main thing is DO NOT buy the first bike you see, and take someone with you that does know something about Lambrettas- if you see anything this way you are interested in please give me a shout and I'll be happy to come along as an independent person. PM me for my mobile number if you want.

Chris
Unless like me you really enjoy tinkering rather than riding, i 100% agree with Chris.

I paid £1100 for a li125 project bike and I'm in it for £8000 12 months later!

Best to let a mug like me do it for you :lol:
gnash..

anybody heard of any scooter riders who've had to sell their house to cover an insurance claim?
I'm guessing not....
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

ipman wrote:get your foil hat off you spongebob :lol: insurance company's spying on people :lol:

I think its even funnier that bristolmod claims to be a good boy and advise's others about insurance on a tuning website :lol: come on guys,,who declares what again? :lol:

next the guy will come back and ask about kits for a li125,,,,answer,,nope sorry your not supposed to do that,,or why dont you get a 200cc engine instead,,mental
bloody hell Lipman you do seem to have some sort of problem looking at all your postings. All we're trying to do is help a newbie with a bit of advice on scooters and you're taking on the whole world with your ramblings.
Scootering since 1968.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

gnash.. wrote:anybody heard of any scooter riders who've had to sell their house to cover an insurance claim?
I'm guessing not....
Churchill Dog "oh dear - our customer has not been totally truthful on his insurance proposal. Never mind, we'll just pay out anyway and forget about the damages of £1M+ we've incurred"

yeah right! :shock:
Scootering since 1968.
britcay
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 S3

Christ I went out for the day and looks like I've started WW3!

I'm new to scoots but I've had plenty of 40-plus year old cars.

I want Italian because I want original. Plus I like things Italian I realise I could get better value. It's me not you !

Cheers for that. Gives me food for thought tho. Projects maybe avoided after all !

Andy
britcay
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 S3

Tried posting earlier today but kept getting random SQL errors

I'm gonna be using it in town almost all the time. I might even do the odd commute but that's still in town (Taunton isn't big). Whizz up to Weston maybe (There's a Lammy museum there I just discovered)

I think plan a and an Li 125 series 3 is where I'll start. I do want to get my test passed sharpish. Can't be doing with L Plates for long!

Andy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information