I've only gone and bought a GTS!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

And here's a typical Polish scooter girl. There are a few scooter girls on manual gearbox vespas, too.
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Someone tell her she needs gloves on!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

B-Race Tuning wrote:Someone tell her she needs gloves on!
Keep your fetishes to yourself.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

^ I have no choice.... I can't speak polish :cry:
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I thought about buying a GTS once.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Sorry predictive text, that should have read "burning".
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

corrado wrote:Sorry predictive text, that should have read "burning".
Or "burying".
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

I have two lambrettas and now a second GTS 300 (the first was attempted stolen for robberies in London). My 2009 plate GTS was a nightmare through, it went through 3 fuel pump replacements, had water leaking from the radiator so had to have the clips all replaced with proper jubilee clips and had a rear flat every other week.........tyres were poxy too.

Factually, it was far more unreliable than a 1965 Lambretta and as the post earlier states you just have to leave it at the roadside or get AA'd home. I nearly sold it to buy a motorbike to commute on I was that fed up !!! The newer GTS is a 2013 model (I had the first one criminal damaged and was written off when youths tried to steal the engine management unit worth £350 but causing £2000 damage overall) and as such Paiggio have now resolved the 'poor' design issues (fuel pumps, leaking radiator hoses, leaking batteries etc etc) and yes for commuting my 25 miles each way the GTS is perfect ( I did previously do 12 years on a PX 200 without splitting the engine case for a rebuild, some 80,ooo miles which is well impressive, albeit a bit smokey). But as you say above I wouldn't be seen out using it on a scooterists rally or ride out as you may as well rock up on a Harley davison......its 'chalk and cheese' and no enjoyment riding it with ya lammy riding mates so as long as the GTS remains a 'commuter' vehicle that will do for me lOl
ArmandTanzarian

The more I ride it the more impressed I am with it. But only in its capacity as a modern lightweight commuter. It's not an enthusiasts machine at all. Just a comfortable and efficient way of getting from place to place.

If it had just a bit more power and a larger fuel tank I'd probably sell the CB500 that I currently commute into London on.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

I wanted a Scomadi 300 to commute to work on but not sure if this will ever now be available..........in honesty I would use one of me lammies but how long will that sit on a London street for ? (10 mins, maybe 20.......lol)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information