I've only gone and bought a GTS!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Yanker

Precisely: You've even got your own wank mag: TAG-OFF. Says it all really.......Build your own Church please?

PS. Can a moderator please stick this s**t in the 'Automatic-spastick' section?
shocky

Yanker wrote:
rosscla wrote:When did they become vintage geared scooter rallies?
At their birth?

Why don't GTS owners have their own rally (surely ther are enogh of you). You could hold it at Eg Woodford Aerodrome or any other, and do formation flypasts dowm the runway holding each other's left hand in a gay formation? What have Gt GTSie.s etc. got to do with classic scootering aside a badge?
For the same reason theres no rallys just for vespa px 125, s or lambretta GP, S or scooters from 1966 .....theres no need :roll: , if theres something about a rally that I dont like i avoid that part or ignore it the same as I do with everything else in my life
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

The need arose when modern CVT scooters entered the scene. The same thing happened in the USA when Yamaha and Honda lobbied the US gov't to ban classic scooters. They sat ready off the ports of California to import boatloads of Rivas and Elites. Piaggio has followed suit, better to join them than be beat by them, hence, big 4 stroke CVT engines. Yawwwwwn.

It doesn't mean that all rallies should be segregated, but I see a need for classic only rallies, like this one.
https://youtu.be/DibIZ1pbcDo
shocky

Maybe yanker would be better of attending vintage vehicle events normally frequented by middle age white men , as opposed to a all encompassing multi cultural vibrant scene that is 21st century scooting ?
There must be plenty of one make/type rallys in a massively over packed calender ifnot then maybe he could organise one !
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Scooter rallies are all about middle age white men sorry over weigth bald middle age white men :D
GP Kevo

Middle age? Ok, but I'm not exactly white and certainly not bald and overweight! ;) The scene here is mostly younger, though.

Where I am now it was almost all modern scooters, Vespa's, 50 cc to 300 cc in the VCP (Vespa Club of Poland). But a lot of them have come around and purchased classic scooters and ride them, liking them better. My mate and I took our Lambrettas to a VCP organised rally in the south of Poland last weekend. We trucked them down as I didn't have enough days off and he had to get back by Sunday afternoon for a family event.

Many at the rally had never seen a Lambretta in the flesh before, and very soon the expected ribbing about our choice of transport ensued. It didn't help that the silencer bracket on my Franspeed exhaust had snapped the night before the rally, nor that I spent the first day jetting my carburetor. Fortunately, there was a welder on-site. But once on the Saturday rideout, they were shocked to see our Lambrettas perform and surprised that they made it through the rideout with no breakdowns. Three of the Vespas broke down, but given how many there were it was bound to happen. The Vespa and Aprilia Habana riders new to Lambrettas were literally awestruck and kept going on and on about how fast our Lambrettas were. One guy kept telling me that my GP225 is illegal and didn't believe that it had passed the national test, which of course, it has. TVN, a Polish television channel, was there and a I, along with about 6 others at the rally, were interviewed by a pretty, Polish presenter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtv2OwRS78I

And to add icing to the cake, the Vespa Club of Prague member who rode to the rally on his GTS along with several of his club members, all on CVT Vespas, told us that if we appeared in Prague with our Lambrettas, we'd have no shortage of girls waiting to bed us.

As for one-make rallies, I'm going to one next month. Piotr and I are riding our Lambrettas to Austria for Euro Lambretta. I have only a couple of weeks left to get mine ready, including raising the gearing to a more tour-friendly ratio. I'm hoping for a problem free ride, but then I am riding a nearly 50 year old, very modified scooter with drop bars and a small racing seat. I'm shopping for a pair of padded cycling shorts.
ArmandTanzarian

GP Kevo wrote:
And to add icing to the cake, the Vespa Club of Prague member who rode to the rally on his GTS along with several of his club members, all on CVT Vespas, told us that if we appeared in Prague with our Lambrettas, we'd have no shortage of girls waiting to bed us.
If I rode my Lambretta all the way to Warsaw I'm pretty sure I'd be in no fit state to take them up on their kind offer!
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Yanker

shocky wrote: a all encompassing multi cultural vibrant scene that is 21st century scooting ?
Point to the pump: I'll have a pint of whatever you are on and buy you one too. It could only prove to relieve my numb arse at the worst :) .
eden
Dealer

shocky wrote: There must be plenty of one make/type rallys in a massively over packed calender ifnot then maybe he could organise one !
That's exactly why I mostly do LCGB events, however the plastic pigs are even turning up there too these days :shock:

The saddest thing ive seen to date was while packing up to ride our Lambrettas back home from a Euro a few years back, some guy from the UK loading a GTS in to the back of his van after riding it around the site all weekend.
Its was a LAMBRETTA jamboree! Far enough, go in a car, van, motorhome or what ever if you love lambrettas but are unable to ride across Europe but leave your gay plastic pot noodle at home ffs! :roll:
GP Kevo

Eden, I agree, there's no reason to bring a GTS to a Euro Lambretta Rally.
If I rode my Lambretta all the way to Warsaw I'm pretty sure I'd be in no fit state to take them up on their kind offer!
Armand, he was from Prague in the Czech Republic, Vespa Club Praha. Girls here are a bit more conservative and not generally impressed by older vehicles or scooters, excepting the female members of the Vespa clubs. They are having a rally this summer, which, if any of you are going to World Vespa Days in Croatia, you could hit up on your way there. :)
http://www.vespaclubpraha.cz/pragovespa#en

They are very nice scooterists and they took this photo of me when I wasn't looking.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information